Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge
* Full time employment opportunity available in the housekeeping and laundry departments of Brown Co. Hospital. They take pride in ensuring proper infection control, cleanliness and patient comfort in their facility. Previous cleaning experience preferred but not required. Comprehensive benefits package for full time employment. Applications are due June 16th. If interested in this opportunity contact Lisa Fischer or Diette Glenn at the Brown County Hospital by calling 387-2800 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
* As their service menu continues to expand – so does their team! Whether you have experience working in a dental office or you’re a proven customer service star seeking your next career opportunity, the Full time Patient Care Coordinator position at Ainsworth Family Dental could be the perfect fit for you. If you’re organized, have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, have basic computer skills and can compassionately relate to patients so they can achieve OPTIMAL oral health, apply today! Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people actually look
forward to as the Patient Care Coordinator at Ainsworth Family Dental. If you’d like to learn more, call 387-2404. Resume’s can be mailed to 255 North Maple or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Put your passion and talent to work with GJW, llc. a global leader in the swine industry. They’re continually seeking highly motivated individuals to join their team offering career opportunities in a variety of areas: equipment operators, financial analysts, Wildlife management and forestry specialists, range technicians, vehicle and facility maintenance and YES animal production too. Their dedicated team encompasses people from diverse backgrounds and experiences working together to produce high quality pork. Above average compensation, great benefits and room to grow. From teens to retiree’s and everyone in between – GJW, llc is always
accepting applications and resumes for hard working individuals. Applying is easy. Stop by their 300 North Main Office to pick up your application or for more information call 382-3333.
* Good life. Great Opportunity: A full time Highway Maintenance position in Springview AND Ainsworth is available with the Nebraska Department of Transportation to provide safe highways for the traveling public and everything that entails. Experience in the operation of heavy equipment preferred but they are willing to train. This position offers very competitive pay with room to grow and PAY RATE INCREASES Effective July 1st! A Class A CDL will be required within 6 months of hire, NDOTs paid CDL training will put you on the fast track to advance your career and your pay check! If you possess a Class A CDL, you’ll receive senior level starting pay. PLUS a comprehensive benefits package and ample paid time off. To learn more call Shaun Emerson at 387-2471. For a complete job
description and to apply, log on to statejobs.nebraska.gov. NDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* If you want some part time work – Seven Spring of Long Pine has a position for you! They are looking fill a temporary driver position, someone who can fill in as needed, a CDL is NOT required and also looking for help in bottling. If you’re looking for some part time work, give Todd Thornton a call today to learn more about what’s available at Seven Springs in Long Pine, phone 273-4295. Position could work into full time for the right applicant.
* Springtime has always been a smart time to seek out a new job. It’s the season of rebirth and hope, the sun is shining, the skies are blue, flowers and blossoming, and things just feel nicer….better. There’s a lot to look forward to, if you have the passion – the Sandhills Care Center has a position for you. Charge nurses – RNs and LPNs, CNAs, dietary, housekeeping and laundry aides. BOTH full time and part time positions are available. Very competitive pay, insurance benefits for full time employees and flexible work schedules. All this in addition to being a part of a mission driven team that serves for the right reasons. It’s easy to apply, call Administrator Penny Jacobs at the Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth, where they’re proud to put people first. Phone 387-1294.
* Do you need to have your lawn mowed, fence painted or stained, help with yard work, or really any other projects you’d like to do get done this spring and summer? Get help from a motivated 13 year old! Jaxon is looking to do lawn mowing and other odd jobs this summer. Put him to work – call or text 760-1018.
* Now that ALL Hail’s Broke loose call on Spangler Roofing and Construction – they’ve got your fix! For Re-roofing, roof repairs, new roofs – tile, shingle and metal; fascia and soffit, siding and gutters, call on Spangler Roofing and Construction! Over 28 years of experience, Nebraska based, bonded, insured, Shaun even offers a 2 year workmanship warranty and they work directly with your insurance company. They’re in the area and ready to go to work. Residential, Commercial, Farm or Ranch. Call 308-289-2999.
* Spring has sprung! Assessing your fence now can help you identify problems exacerbated by the winter we’ve had. Schumacher Fencing offers affordable prices on everything you need to get your fences back to where they need to be for the upcoming grazing season. Posts, wire, staples, staple guns and much more! Stop out anytime or call Linda for pricing at 760-0078. If you need new fence installed – Linda is the go-to gal and can get you in the books. From barb wire to vinyl, countryside to curbside. They don’t just ‘set the bar’ in quality fencing, they go beyond it. Schumacher Fencing, East Hwy. 20, Ainsworth.
* Time proven fencing solutions. Adding high quality barbed wire fencing or pipe corrals up’s your property value. Fencing is NOT an expense, but instead – an investment that is worth the price. If you’re looking for the best livestock fencing, you’ll find it with Logan’s Fencing. Call Logan Leonard at 925-8184 for barbed wire fencing and pipe corral installation. Over a decade of experience.
* Do you have equipment to sell? Call the name you can trust – Big Iron. With Big Iron you’ll receive full service from start to finish with our proven selling system. Your equipment is featured worldwide, and with our unreserved auctions, every item sells to the highest bidder. No buyer’s fee means more money in your pocket, and no more worrying about payment collection – Big Iron takes care of it all. For more information, call Logan Leonard at 925-8184.
PUPPIES FOR SALE:
* 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments for rent – subject to waiting list/availability at the Bassett Housing Authority, 400 Panzer Street,
Bassett. A great place to live with no upkeep or maintenance. Lawn mowed and watered in the summer and sidewalks cleared and snow removed in the winter. All apartments are equipped with a gas range, refrigerator and washer and dryer. Utilities included are electricity, natural gas, water, sewer and garbage. For more information on availability or to get your application call 684-3329. If no answer, please leave a message. Office Hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8 a.m. – Noon and 1 – 5 p.m.
* Looking for “upper” cupboards. Call Dorothy @ Needles & Pins 387-1970 if you have any.
* Bonnie Richey’s garage sale is going on thru Friday. It’s a total house clean out, so come shop every evening from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. at 124 North Ash Street in Ainsworth. They continually add more every day. Dishes, men’s and women’s clothing, shoes, furniture, games, home decore, rollaway bed, dressers and so much more – they add more every day so keep coming back for this one! 5:30 – 7 p.m. today thru Friday.
* Saturday, June 10th – Galen Sherman Estate Live Auction at 39235 Canvasback Road, Valentine. Sale time is at 9:30 – two rings will run. In the offering tractors, vehicles, and trailers, Hay and ranch equipment, shop and miscellaneous. They will accept call in bids or text bids, until day of auction as cell service is limited. Check out the sale bill and learn more by going to www.connotbrothersauction.com. Cotton Brothers Auction in charge.
* Saturday, June 10th – If collecting authentic old west treasures is a hobby or your passion, Fritzge’s Saddle Shop Auction coming up June 10th, at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Albion is the real deal. M&M Auctions is proud to offer Roy Fritzge’s Collection, sale time is 10 a.m. They’ll be selling 140 mostly high back saddles, lots of tack – spurs and bits, headstalls, toys, western Memorabilia and collectibles. Online bidding available on most saddles starting at noon. Whether you’re a savvy collector or just love western memorabilia this is one gem of an auction you won’t want to miss. Be ready to see some things you never expected to see and get a real taste of the west and how things were crafted. If you have any questions contact Matt McKay, Ted Baum or Lee Fritzge. For phone numbers, lots of pictures and more information, log on to
* Saturday, June 10th – Doreen and the Late Vernon (Woody) Woods Auction will be held at the Rock County Fairgrounds in Bassett, sale time is at 11 a.m. Wood working tools, antiques, shop tools and equipment, yard, garden and miscellaneous, household items and much more. Bon Bon’s Concessions on site. Check out the sale bill by going to www.heartlandauction.net. Heartland Auction of Bassett, Merv Buoy, Auctioneer.
* Saturday, June 24th – Retirement Acreage Equipment Auction, 3 miles south of O’Neill on Hwy. 281. Jim and Paula Wilson, Sellers – tractors and mowers, including a John Deere 4010 with Farmhand F258 loader, bucket and grapple, well maintained, ready to work! Vehicles including an ’06 Chevy K1500 extended cab 4×4, a 4×8’ utility trailer and a flatbed trailer, shop tools, household, antiques and miscellaneous – one of the cleanest auctions of the year. The furniture is modern and nice. Tools and equipment have been in the shed and are ready to work. Make plans to attend this nice line up of acreage equipment selling at auction, you’ll want to be on time so start making plans now, sale time is at 10 a.m. Lunch available on the grounds. To see the sale bill and lots of pictures too, log on to www.mmauctionsllc.com, Matt McKay and crew – they’re ready to go work for you!
* Consignments Wanted: The Holt County Consignment Auction is coming up on Saturday, June, 24th. Let Ron Holtgrew sell your machinery for you. For more information or to consign any items, please call Ron at 340-0263. Machinery, livestock equipment, supplies, tools, vehicles, trailers, hay and irrigation, you name it – Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal will sell it for you. Consign today to get in on the advertising, advertising deadline is June 6th. Check out their website at www.holtgrewauction.com, proud to
be north central Nebraska’s premier auction company.
* There’s Still time! Get registered for the 20th annual Brown County Hospital Fundraising Golf Tournament. The purpose of the tournament is to raise money for the Endowment Fund while allowing us to fellowship together in a fun, spirit filled event – it’s just $200 per 4 person team – that includes green fees, flag prizes and door prizes, 18 holes of golf, supper, team mulligan and other contests throughout the day. So come share the day at the Ainsworth Golf Course on Friday, June 16th, and help them
to help others! 9 a.m. check in, 10 a.m. start. Pre-paid registration can be sent to Lisa Fischer at the Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth or call Lisa directly at 382-7174 for more information. Carts can be reserved by calling the clubhouse.
* The Keogh 501 Memorial Foundation would like to invite you to the inaugural Scramble Tournament on Saturday, July 22nd at the Atkinson Stuart Country Club. If you’re not a golfer, don’t worry – there will be a free will donation supper following the tournament at 6 pm. All proceeds will go to the new Jr. Fireman/EMT Cadet program! They’re limited to 27 teams, so don’t wait – register today! Contact the Country Club by calling 925-5330. Bring your “A-Game”, an appetite and your best Memories of Ryan.
* Now that the Ainsworth Irrigation District has primed the canal for irrigation season, it’s a good time to talk about canal safety. Keep all children and pets away from irrigation district ditches and laterals. Canal water is deceptively fast and the banks are steep. The canal is NOT a place to swim. The Ainsworth Irrigation District appreciates the public’s help in keeping all children and pets away from the canal at all times during the irrigation season.
* FREE CONCERT TICKETS!!! 4 decades of chart topping hits leaving no stone unturned. The Rosebud Casino presents Leather and Lace – THE BEST of Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles Friday, June 16th. You can WIN TICKETS To Leathers and Lace courtesy of KBRB Radio! Go to rosebudcasino.com/kbrb and use promo code KBRB to claim your free tickets before they’re gone! That’s
rosebudcasino.com/KBRB promo code KBRB.
* Filter orders are IN at Buckles Automotive Napa and can be picked up at your convenience. Feel free to call ahead so they have your order ready and waiting for you. Phone 387-1171. Filters are IN NOW at Buckles Automotive, your Napa store in Ainsworth.
* It is that time of year for bedding plants and Terra is ready with her FFA project – Aunt TT’s Greenhouse has vegetables, flowers and herbs ready to go. They can deliver to Ainsworth and will be setting up in the next few weeks at the Ainsworth City Park – so watch for her there! You can follow her on Facebook @ Aunt TT’s Greenhouse. You can also take a drive to Elsmere to visit the Greenhouse by appointment, just text or call Terra Shoemaker 322-0415 or Patty Shoemaker 322-0072.
* Splish Splash it’s the Back to Summer Pool Bash! Ainsworth Community Pool welcomes back all local and area swimmers to the re-opening of the pool! First day is Monday, June 5th – weather permitting they’ll be open from noon to 6 daily. Immediate Family season pass is $110 – individual season pass is $60 and daily admission is just $4.00. All lifeguards are properly trained and CPR certified. They’ve got all your summer fun in the sun at the Ainsworth Community pool. For information on swimming lessons and to book your private parties call 382-3700 during open hours.
* Free lunch for kids! When Schools OUT – the Summer Food Program is IN because at Ainsworth Community Schools, they want you to Power UP for Summer Fun! Come on in and have lunch in the School Cafeteria. Lunch will be provided for ALL children ages 1 – 18 at NO COST, Mondays through Thursdays June 5th through July 28th – that right, they’ve added an entire month – this year we’ll be going thru JULY! Serving from 11:45 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in the School Cafeteria. Adult meals will also be available for $5.
* YOU have the Power to “Save the Day” for Congenital Heart Disease! Join the Celtic Riders Saturday, June 10th at The Pheonix Bar in Spencer for a Run for Heart Heroes poker run and street dance powered by Napa of Spencer! Registration starts at 11, kick stands up at 1. Free will donation chili dog feed, dance to Whiskey Bent from 8 to midnight, with all proceeds going to the ‘Heart Heroes’ an Omaha, Nebraska organization that provides support to children and families affected by CHD. A do not miss event that makes YOU a Super Hero. Thanks to these amazing sponsors:
Napa, Casey’s Collision, Drueke Trucking, Spencer Livestock and Bubbas Bar. If you have questions contact Will Brock, 961-0950; Josh Raegan 336-8557 or reach out to any Celtic Rider.
* Saturday, June 10th – it’s the Norden Ranch Rodeo – Rules meeting at 5 p.m. Calcutta at 5:30 p.m. Ranch Rodeo begins at 6 p.m. Get registered by calling or text Rex at 785-201-4325 by Wednesday, June 7th. Entry is $300 for a 4 person team, top 3 teams hit the pay window. Prizes for the top horse and top hand. Admission is just $10 for adults, ages 6 to 12 $5, children 5 and under are free. After the Ranch Rodeo, dance to Loretta Lush from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Event is sponsored by the Keya Paha County Ag Society.
* Got Ribs? Want Ribs? Whether you love ‘em seasoned, smoked or slathered in sauce – you won’t want to miss the Ainsworth Volunteer Fire Departments 9th Annual Ribfest, it’s coming up this Saturday, June 10th. They’re heating up the carnival scene, so BBQ lovers – flock to the fire hall to enjoy all you can eat ribs and fries for just $10 starting at 5 p.m. The Order of Eastern Star will also be there serving up their homemade ice cream. If you’re a backyard barbecue enthusiast, it’s not too late to get entered. $20 entry, 100% payback plus added prize money. A big shout out and thank you to GJW donating the ribs. For more information or to get entered call or text Heath Rudnick at 760-0793 or Cameron Koch at
* The patriotic spirit of Irish marches on in dynamic sound! The Irish Capital of Nebraska welcomes, direct from Ireland, internationally known music legend, Derek Warfield and the Young Wolfe Tones for a Benefit Concert on Saturday, June 17th at the O’Neill Community Center. Doors open at 6 p.m. Bar service available and delicious food from the 402 Beef Company. The Irish don’t wait to celebrate. Get your tickets today on Eventbrite. Search quarter way to St. Patrick’s Day Concert and look for the green man. Joint effort by the O’Neill Irish Walk of Fame and the Fenian Women.
* A celebration of all things ag! All the products. All the People. All the fun and entertainment. All in one place. The 32nd annual Sandhills Ranch Expo in Bassett, Nebraska June 21st and 22nd. The largest ranch oriented trade show in the United States. Acres of exhibitors and vendors – shopping and entertainment for the entire family. Concessions on site. Free daily admission with minimal cost for Wednesday night’s roughstock challenge and dance to the live band Borderline. For details visit www.sandhillsranchexpo.org or find them on Facebook.
* Now taking entries for BULL Poker: It’s Broadway on dirt! The Sandhills Roughtstock Challenge coming up June 21st during the 33rd annual Sandhills Ranch Expo is great entertainment in itself, Broncs, barebacks and bull riding PLUS Bull Poker. A bull will be released into the arena, the last person standing brings home the big bucks – and hopefully no broken bones!!! So get entered! There is no entry Fee – $1,000 Added. Call or text Payton Shankland for details and to get entered 822-0226, and make sure to mark your calendars now for this year’s Ranch Expo, June 21st and 22nd in Bassett.
* Save the date! Classics, Customs, Hot Rods, Rat Rods and Motorcycles come show your stuff at the Ainsworth Does Drove #54 annual alumni weekend Car and Motorcycle Show and Burger Feed Friday night, June 23rd at the Elks in Ainsworth. Car show check in is from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. just $10 entry. People’s
choice judging throughout the evening, Trophies awarded at 8. Indoors the Does will be serving up Burgers, Fries and Floats from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. If you have questions call or text Calista Wilson at 382-8212.
* Start your engines. The Bob Buckles Memorial 4th of July Cruise Night including Show and Shine, Food and Fireworks will be held Tuesday, July 4th bring your lawn chairs and some shade. Check out all the cars, Find a nice spot to sit and enjoy, not only the cars, pickups, rat rods and motorcycles cruising, but reminiscing with family and friends. Keep it tuned to KBRBs 92.7 a literal blast from the past and Classic Country Band will be playing too. Free Admission to American Graffiti at 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Ainsworth’s Grand Theater. Show and Shine starts at 5 p.m. Barbecue Supper served behind Napa from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m, Waylon & Company Fireworks Show at the Ainsworth Golf Course at dusk. Fireworks show is sponsored in part by the Ainsworth Chamber of Commerce.
* Drivers Education Ahead! Ainsworth Community Schools is hosting a Drivers Education Course to be held in Room 115 on July 17th and July 21st from 8 a.m. until 12 noon. If you are interested in this class, please call the UNK Safety Center at 308-865-8256 or you can register and pay on line by going to www.unk.edu/dred. Don’t miss your chance to teach your teen the skills of safe driving – get registered today!
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Mathew and MaKenzie Jones of Norfolk are the parents of a baby girl, Juni Wren Jones, born June 1. Juni weighed in at 8 pounds, and will be welcomed home by brothers Jye and Jett and sister Jovi. Grandparents are Tom and Pat Jones of Long Pine, and Dave and CJ Leonard of Valentine.
Start your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Visit www.northeast.edu.
EARN YOUR LOCAL SUBSTITUTE TEACHING CERTIFICATE
Fulfill course requirements at Northeast and through the Nebraska Department of Education.
For more information on substitute teaching certification in Nebraska, please visit https://www.education.ne.gov/tcert