Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge
*Help Wanted: Hallock Construction is now hiring. Experience is preferred, but if you’re a hard worker, training will gladly be provided. This is a great opportunity to learn an ‘in demand’ trade. Full time, part time, seasonal help all needed, including high school kids on summer break. Must be detail oriented, self motivated and willing to learn. Experience will be taken into consideration for starting position and pay, with the ability to rise quickly depending on work performance. Call or text Scott Hallock at 760-1391 for immediate consideration.
*CNA Class to be offered: A career as a CNA can provide dependable, flexible employment with minimal investment in higher education. Becoming a CNA can also be a stepping stone to higher-level jobs in the health field. A CNA class will be held at the Brown County Hospital Beginning May 23rd. BUT space is limited. The class is 3 weeks long, a hybrid of in person and online, with instructor Brandi Bussinger. The class will be fast paced, but will get a student into the workforce quicker, and with Brandi at the helm – these students will learn and be ready for testing when the class is over. Get registered today with Northeast Community
College, go to www.northeast.edu. If you have any questions feel free to contact Brandi Bussinger at the Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth.
*Help Wanted: Full time, RN Day Shift position – education assistance, tuition reimbursement, benefits included! Come join the caring and compassionate nursing team at the Brown County Hospital and make a difference in the lives of many. Successful candidate must be dedicated to continuous quality improvement and inspired to always put patients first. Charge nurse differential, self-scheduling, every 3rd weekend with weekend differential. If interested, please contact Brandy Bussinger, DON or Lisa Fischer, HR Director by calling 387-2800. You can complete an online
application by going to the hospital website, www.browncountyhospital.org or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Better Pay, Great Benefits – ENJOY going to work every day, come see what it’s like to be a part of a legacy of caring at the Rock County Long Term Care in Bassett. They’re now accepting applications for a full time, night shift CNA. Upgraded pay scale, night shift differential, outstanding benefits, and a sign on bonus! For more information, call Katie Shifflet 684-2991 or email email@example.com OR apply online by going to www.rockcountyhospital.com. Come play an important role in delivering high quality care to their amazing residents in a great work environment. The Rock County Hospital, Clinic, Long Term Care and Pharmacy in Bassett, Nebraska.
*Help Wanted: Undecided what to do with your life? Do you love helping others? Cherry Hills Estates has awesome residents and a great staff! Here’s a perfect career opportunity – they’re ready to hire. Searching for a full time day LPN, Medication Aide or Nurse Aide that is willing to take the free MedAide Course. They are also looking to fill a full time cook position. Bring your experience and skills to a welcoming community – it’s worth the drive! For more information or to apply call Cherry Hills Assisted Living in Valentine at 376-2555. Ask for Sally, Sherry or Eve Millar.
*Help Wanted: The Rock County Hospital is now accepting applications for an immediate opening in the housekeeping/laundry department. This is a full time position. Competitive wages, great team environment and an outstanding benefit pkg. is available as well as a sign on bonus! If you have any questions or to apply, contact Cindy Norton by calling 684-3366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. An online application can be found by going to the Rock County Hospital’s website, www.rockcountyhospital.com. Come see what it’s like to be a part of a legacy of caring. The Rock County Hospital, Clinic, Long Term Care and Pharmacy in Bassett, Nebraska.
*Help Wanted: Central Valley Ag Ainsworth is looking for motivated individuals to join their growing team! Full time Tire truck technician and propane delivery driver positions are available! Must be a team player, have great communication skills and provide excellent customer service. Join CVA Ainsworth to receive competitive pay and outstanding benefits that include retirement, 401K, medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off and more! PLUS CVA is family oriented, they value the work life balance. For more information and to apply go to www.cvacoop.com/careers or stop by the office and ask for Chris Clingman.
*Come be a part of a Legacy of Caring! The Rock County Pharmacy is now accepting applications for a full time AND PRN Pharmacy technician. No nights, weekends or holidays! This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail setting. Must be a team player with great communication skills and be able to multi task – filling prescriptions, answering phone, etc and efficiently learn and operate a computer, software, cash register, etc. Previous experience preferred, however on the job training is available. Must be able to become registered and licensed, through a national certification program. This position is eligible for a sign-on AND referral bonus. The full time position offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, sick time and paid holidays. If you have questions contact Michelle Sinsel at 684-2730 or email@example.com. For a detailed job description and to submit your application go to www.rockcountyhospital.com. Apply today for immediate consideration at The Rock County Pharmacy in Bassett, Nebraska.
*Achieve your career goals today by applying at the Rock County Hospital/Long Term Care in Bassett. They’re accepting applications for an immediate opening for a full or part time early aide in nutrition services. Training is provided on site, competitive wage offered, position includes rotating weekends and holidays. For more information and to learn more about their sign on bonus, call Jina at 684-3366 ext. 161 or submit an application online by going to www.rockcountyhospital.com. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is offered to all full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours per week) that includes health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave and possible tuition reimbursement. Apply today for immediate consideration at The Rock County Hospital in Bassett. Come see what it’s like to be a part of a legacy of caring.
* Help Wanted: Seven Springs of Long Pine is looking for a temporary driver who can fill in as needed, a CDL is NOT required. They’re also looking for someone who can help in bottling on a part time basis. Call Todd Thornton for more information at Seven Springs in Long Pine, phone 273-4295.
* Help Wanted: 30% wage increase for nursing staff and CNAs PLUS up to a $3,000 sign on bonus, $3,000 referral bonus and for full time employees – benefits! Come be a Champion of Care at Ainsworth’s 5 Star Facility. The Sandhills Care Center is looking to hire – Hometown heroes! Caring Nurses and CNAs that are resident focused and team players. New Nursing Shift differentials:
weekday nights, $1.00; weekend days, $2.00 and weekend nights, $3.00. Part time and Full Time positions are available. Apply locally by calling Administrator, Penny Jacobs at 387-1294 OR email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s get stronger – TOGETHER, the need for our nursing home is undeniable – come see the difference you can make at the Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth.
* Time proven fencing solutions. Adding high quality barbed wire fencing or pipe corrals up’s your property value. Fencing is NOT an expense, but instead – an investment that is worth the price. If you’re looking for the best livestock fencing, you’ll find it with Logan’s Fencing. Call Logan Leonard at 925-8184 for barbed wire fencing and pipe corral installation. Over a decade of experience.
* Attack the work you need to get done with a top notch Skid Steer and hard working operator offering a diverse range of services. Whether you have a farm, ranch or need commercial help – let RC Services do the heavy lifting. Tree removal, fencing/clearing fence lines, trenching water lines, gravel and dirt work, landscaping, barn and feedlot cleanout; demo, construction and storm damage clean up – you name it. All services competitively priced. Call Cody Hollenbeck for a free estimate on any project – no job is too big or too small, phone 308-440-0432. RC Services, now booking jobs in the listening area. That’s 308-440-0432.
* Do you have equipment to sell? Call the name you can trust – Big Iron. With Big Iron you’ll receive full service from start to finish with our proven selling system. Your equipment is featured worldwide, and with our unreserved auctions, every item sells to the highest bidder. No buyer’s fee means more money in your pocket, and no more worrying about payment collection – Big Iron takes care of it all. For more information, call Logan Leonard at 925-8184.
* For Rent: KBRB Radio has a large private office space available for rent. Utilities and Internet included. If you’re interested call Graig Kinzie at 387-1400.
* For Rent: Bassett Housing Authority currently has a one bedroom apartment available for immediate occupancy and will have (2) 3 bedroom apartments, one at the end of January and one at the end of February or early March. If interested in application or for more information, call or stop by the office, 684-3329. If no answer, please leave a message. Office is open Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8 a.m. until noon and 1 until 5 p.m. by appointment.
* 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments for rent at the Bassett Housing Authority, 400 Panzer Street, Bassett. A great place to live with no upkeep or maintenance. Lawn mowed and watered in the summer and sidewalks cleared and snow removed in the winter. All apartments are equipped with a gas range, refrigerator and washer and dryer. Utilities included are electricity, natural gas, water, sewer and garbage. For more information on availability or to get your application call 684-3329. If no answer, please leave a message. Office Hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8 a.m. until Noon and 1 until 5 p.m.
* In Search Of: bales of straw, meadow, hay other grass hay and alfalfa hay. Also looking for someone to custom hay a small acreage with small square hay baler outside of Bassett. Call 273-5609.
* Carol is planting the flower bed around the Courthouse fountain and would gladly take any day lilies if anyone has any extra bulbs. Please call 760-2983.
*Saturday, May 21st – Doggone Good Auctions will be having a furniture, antique and household auction, plus tag sale, where you can shop and buy – no bids required! Sale time is at 10 am at the Stuart Auditorium. Preview Friday evening from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. Lots of very nice furniture including a China Hutch with etched glass, cream colored leather couch, hide-a-bed sofa, matching double glider love seat and so much more. Glass and dinnerware from collectible Carnival and Pink Depression Glass, to restaurant ware. It’s not every day you can buy part of a wooden windmill fan, old corn sheller, Maytag wringer washer, shop vacs and gun reloading presses. Tag sale features a large Gone with the Wind lamp, plus over 24 table lamps, and so much more. Check out Doggone Good Auctions on Facebook! Don’t miss this Doggone Good Auction in Stuart this Saturday.
* Let the Brown County Community Foundation Fund help you take your next step! The Jan O’Hare Memorial, Teacher Education, non-traditional and upper class college student scholarship applications are due by June 11.Applications can be found by going to www.nebcommfound.org. In the search box, search for ‘Brown County’ and click on the Brown County Community Foundation Link. Applications will be need to be returned to Linda Alberts via email email@example.com or mail to PO Box 324, Long Pine, NE
69217. Applications must be post marked by June 11.
* The Ainsworth Golf Course hosts a one-person scramble tournament this Sunday, May 22. Shotgun start at 10 a.m. In this fun format, golfers hit two shots each time and can pick the best of the two shots. It’s a built-in mulligan on every shot! That’s at 10 a.m. this Sunday, a one-person scramble at the Ainsworth Golf Course. Call the clubhouse at 387-1658.
*Bassett Country Club – Bassett/Rock County Chamber Tournament ALL WELCOME! Scramble for Commerce! Join in the fun and catch the spirit – the spirit of coming together to support a vibrant community. The Bassett/Rock County Chamber of Commerce 4 person Golf Tournament will be held Friday, June 3rd at the Bassett Country Club. That’s 4 person – men, women or mixed. $160
per team which includes lunch, mulligans and a ton of fun! It’s a 10 a.m. shotgun start. Absolutely everyone is welcome to enter. Call the Bassett Country Club to get signed up and to reserve your carts at 684-3449.
*Are you ready for a “HOLE-In-One of Fun”? Don’t miss the 19th Annual Brown County Hospital Fundraising Golf Tournament – it’s a 4 person scramble coming up Friday, June 17th at the Ainsworth Golf Course with check in at 9 a.m., 10 a.m. shotgun start. Just $200 per 4 person team which includes green fees, 18 holes of golf, flag and door prizes, team mulligan, an opportunity hole and supper following the tournament. Golf carts will be available by calling the clubhouse. Teams reserved in order of prepaid registrations received so send yours today to the Brown County Hospital,
care of Lisa Fischer or call Lisa at 382-7174. Please register by
June 3. Proceeds will benefit the Brown County Hospital endowment fund – Help Us to Help Others!
*Thank you! The residents and staff at the Sandhills Care Center wish to thank those who have donated time, services, supplies and gifts to the Sandhills Care Center. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
* Berry Creek Gun and Pawn has sold their remaining inventory to Wright’s Bait. Casey would like to thank everyone for their business over the past years and encourages you to shop at Wright’s Bait, 319 West Hwy. 20, Valentine. For those of you who have gift certificates to Berry Creek, Wright’s Bait will honor them until July 1, 2022.
*Let’s Keep it Clean Ainsworth! The City of Ainsworth would like to remind property owners and occupants that they must keep their property and the adjoining street and alleys free of growth of eight inches or more in height of weeds, grasses, etc. Any disassembled personal or real property of any kind is defined as a nuisance including junk, abandoned motor vehicles, tractors, etc. Also it is unlawful to throw, cast, lay or drop on any public way or property any paper, scrap material or other waste whatsoever including grass/leaves and tree limbs in the City streets, gutters and/or alleys. Anyone observed doing so may be fined and prosecuted for littering. The staff at the city of Ainsworth works hard to keep our town clean, but they can succeed only when we cooperate. Together lets keep our town clean.
*Class is dismissed! The staff at the Ainsworth Community Schools invites you to come congratulate and help Roudy Clapper, Pam Peterson, Denise Adcock and Tami Jacobsen celebrate their retirement at an Open House this Thursday, May 19th at 3:00 p.m. in the High School Cafeteria. Everyone is welcome to come wish them well and thank them for their many years of service at the Ainsworth Community Schools.
*Hope Springs Eternal! That’s the theme for Sandhills Sage and Co. 3 day Spring Weekend Opener. Come shop Pam, Jen & Hayleys wonderful creations at this fun and funky up-cycle shop on Main Street in Johnstown, plus shop vendors too! They’ll be open this Friday from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m, Saturday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Make sure to check out Sandhills Sage Facebook page for a sneak peak of what’s springing up for their Fabulous Spring 3 day opening this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It’s Hope Springs Eternal at Sandhills Sage & Co. in Johnstown.
*BCH Aux. Thrift Shop will be having a sack sale this Satruday from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
*Coming to Valentine May 25th at the Cherry County Fairgrounds, American Christian Rock Band, Seventh Day Slumber! His chart topping band has modern hard hitting lyrics and sound as they share personal testimony and a message of hope. On their way from Dallas, TX to open the West Coast leg of their tour, they will be in Valentine to put on a great show. The Recovery Tour is a family friendly event and admission is FREE, with a love offering available. Gates open at 5:30 p.m, but come early if you want to get in on ‘Walkin’ Tacos’ by Free will donation. Serving begins at 5 p.m. until the show starts at 6:30 p.m.
*Free lunch for kids! When Schools OUT – the Summer Food Program is IN because at Ainsworth Community Schools, they want you to Power UP for Summer Fun! No Grab and Go Meals this year – Come on in and have lunch in the School Cafeteria. Lunch will be provided for ALL children ages 1 – 18 at NO COST, Mondays through Thursdays from May 31st through June 30th. Serving from 11:45 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Adult meals will also be available for $4.50.
*Want to have a ton of fun this summer? Looking for some real adventure? Camp Witness near Long Pine is one Bible camp boldly taking the summer by storm! They’ve brought together an amazing lineup of summer camps and are confident they can offer your family a summer program that is jam packed with fun and spiritual growth. Go to camp witness dot org to choose your adventure. There’s wonderful camp options for those entering the 2nd grade through current year grads. Combo Camps and Discounts are available! There’s even a ‘sample camp’ for 1st thru 6th graders – just to get ‘the feel’ of what it’s like to come to camp. 3 days where they come in the morning and leave in the afternoon. Catch the excitement of Summer Camp – visit www.campwitness.org or call 273-4352
*Enter Now for Ribfest 2022! In this area, we don’t mess around when it comes to BBQ – the Ainsworth Volunteer Fire Department wants to bring in the big guns for Ribfest 2022! That means YOU, they’re now taking entries for the 8th annual Ribfest coming up June 11th. So get entered! Event is open to any and all backyard barbecue enthusiasts. 2 divisions – traditional smokers and pellet grills, it’s BYOG so bring your own grill! They do it up right – tailgate party style. You can enter as a team or individually – just $20 entry free, 100% payback AND added prize money. For more information or to get entered call or text Heath Rudnick at 760-0793 or Cameron Koch at 760-0390.
*Wild Cow Riding Teams Wanted! The Sandhills Ranch Expo is in search of the best Wild Cow Riders in the area to participate in the Wild Cow Riding during the Rough Stock Challenge on June 15th in Bassett. It’s just a $100 entry fee per 4 man team. $1,000 added prize money! Get your team signed up today by calling Payton Shankland at 822-0226. Event sponsored by Strelow Trucking, Bassett Livestock Auction, Ainsworth Vet Clinic, Logan’s
Fencing and Rau Repair.
* Join the fun and excitement and reserve your affordable vendor and exhibitor space today at the largest ranch oriented trade show in the USA – the 32nd Annual Sandhills Ranch Expo is June 15 and 16 in Bassett. All vendors and exhibitors are welcome as the expo pulls in thousands of attendees and boasts something for everyone. Learn more and reserve your indoor or outdoor space at www.sandhillsranchexpo.org or call 684-2320.
*Reconnect with your classmates and share those special AHS memories. Get your tickets today for the Ainsworth Alumni Banquet, coming up Saturday, June 25th at the Lila McAndrew Gymnasium. Banquet Tickets are just $25 and can be purchased by going to www.Eventbrite.com – just search ‘Ainsworth’. Save the date for a Saturday full of fun starting with the parade at 9:30 a.m, school tours will be given from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. with the banquet starting at 6:30 p.m. Get connected with your fellow bulldogs – don’t miss this year’s Ainsworth Alumni Banquet. If you have any questions call Erin Rathe at 402-540-2227.
* If you have a family member at Sandhills Care Center, please contact the facility to get the guidelines and set up a visit with your loved one. This could change if the area COVID-19 rate goes back up, any resident or staff member tests positive, or there are changes in CMS guidelines.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
*Kittens. 5 males. 8 weeks old. Call 760-3051.
Start your success today with Northeast Community College. Continue your degree for free. That’s right, all students will receive free tuition for credit classes this summer. Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Visit www.northeast.edu.
EARN YOUR LOCAL SUBSTITUTE TEACHING CERTIFICATE
Fulfill course requirements at Northeast and through the Nebraska Department of Education.
For more information on substitute teaching certification in Nebraska, please visit https://www.education.ne.gov/tcert/