* A graveside memorial service for Stanley Weander, 65, of Ardmore, Okla., will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 6, at the Ainsworth South Cemetery followed by a gathering in the Ainsworth Elks Lodge. Stanley Weander died Dec. 14, 2020, at Ardmore. Survivors include daughters Sheena See and husband Brent, Lindsey Smith and husband Grant, Bridget Meyer and husband Cameron, and Rachel Weander; eight grandchildren; and special friend Marti O’Hara.
* A memorial service will be held at a later date for Jeanne J. Nost, 73, of Grand Island formerly of the Ainsworth area. Jeanne Nost died Feb. 15 in the Azria Health Broadwell at Grand Island. Survivors include daughter Lee Anne Adamson and husband Danny of Bandera, Texas; two granddaughters; sister Janet Schuyler and husband Don of Ainsworth; brother Douglas Smith of Aurora; special friend Dennis Pfister of Grand Island; and nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A private family graveside service for Deloris M. Fox, 94, of Newport, Feb. 20, at the Bassett Memorial Park Cemetery. Deloris Fox died Feb. 13 in the Arbor Care Center at O’Neill. Survivors include son Glenn Lee Fox and wife Deb of Newport; daughter Linda Knoetzel and husband Dave of Bassett; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; sister Florence Nelson of Mesa, Ariz.; brothers-in-law Clayton Fox of Newport, and Jim Fox of Valentine; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A private family funeral service for Clarence Danielski, 91, of Valentine, in the St. Joseph’s Catholic Church of Broken Bow with burial at a later date. Clarence Danielski died Feb. 12 at Broken Bow. Survivors include his wife Betty Danielski of Valentine; children Dave Danielski, Don Danielski, Mike Danielski, Susan Paprosky, Leonard Danielski and Tom Danielski; and sisters Irene Kresha and Lucy Kresha.
* A private family funeral service for Vance Heiser, 17, of Lynch, Feb. 17, in Brockaus Funeral Home of Spencer with burial in the Alford Cemetery near Monowi. Vance Heiser died Feb. 11 in his home.
* Funeral service for Gregory J. Lohmeyer, 63, of Ainsworth, Feb. 17, in Hoch Funeral Home of Ainsworth with cremation to follow. Greg Lohmeyer died Feb. 12 in the CHI Health Good Samaritan Hospital at Kearney. Survivors include his wife Debra Lohmeyer of Ainsworth; children Kenneth Lohmeyer and wife Anna of Denton, Texas, Isabella Lindholm and husband Rhett of Gothenburg, and Francesca Castillo and husband Moises of Kearney; three grandchildren; mother-in-law Karen Davison of Ainsworth; siblings John Lohmeyer and wife Berta of Denver, Colo., Thomas Lohmeyer of Fort Collins, Colo., Julie Lohmeyer of Geneseo, Ill., and Kevin Lohmeyer of Davenport, Iowa; sister-in-law Denise Crofutt of Long Pine; brothers-in-law Jacques Davison of Bradley, Ark., Jesse Colburn and wife Carrie of Bradshaw, and Mark Colburn and wife Becky of Henderson; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* Funeral service for Norlin Jay Dobias, 63, of Stuart, Feb. 13, in Seger Funeral Home of Stuart with burial at a later date. Norlin Dobias died Feb. 3 in the Select Specialty Hospital at Omaha. Survivors include his wife Shirley Dobias of Stuart; children Josh Dobias of Birmingham, Ala., and Jacob Dobias and wife Kayli of Stuart; two grandchildren; mother Bernice Dobias of Creighton; siblings Noreen Lind and husband Jeff of Wausa, Natalie Prewitt and husband Jerry of Atkinson, Carl Dobias and Krista of Verdigre, Gene Dobias of Creighton, Julie Dobias of Plainview, Lucy Rudloff of Creighton, and Tony Dobias and wife Shannon of Creighton.
* Funeral service for Robert “Bob” Anderson, 76, of Winner, S.D., Feb. 13, in the Trinity Lutheran Church of Winner with burial in the Winner City Cemetery. Bob Anderson died Feb. 4 in the Winner Regional Hospital.
* Funeral service for Ted Hilderhoff, 47, of Wood Lake, Feb. 10, in the Valentine United Methodist Church with burial in the Mount Hope Cemetery. Ted Hilderhoff died Feb. 5 near Valentine. Survivors include his wife Cherie Hilderhoff of Wood Lake; sons Ryder Hilderhoff and Edward Hilderhoff; mother Bonnie Hilderhoff; and sister Tammy Cash.
* A celebration of life service will be held at a later date for Patricia Humphrey Jay Owens, 85, of Kennewick, Wash., formerly of Ainsworth. Pat Owens died Jan. 30. Survivors include husband Steve Owens of Kennewick; sister Carolyn Ehrig of Manchester, Iowa; son Steve Owens and wife Debby of West Richland, Wash.; daughter Cyndi Goodman and husband Gary of Denver; Colo.; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
* Funeral service for Raymond J. Keogh, 71, of Stuart, Feb. 1, in the St. Boniface Catholic Church of Stuart with burial in the St. Boniface Catholic Cemetery. Raymond Keogh died Jan. 27 in the University of Nebraska Medical Center at Omaha. Survivors include his wife Priscilla Keogh of Stuart; children Christopher Keogh of Omaha, Tracy Ludwig and husband Travis of Stuart, Laurie Keogh of Omaha and Lisa Keogh of Omaha; four grandchildren; brother Tom Keogh and wife Diane of Atkinson; and sister Margaret Keogh of Maple Grove, Minn.
* Funeral service for Josephine Lopez, 92, of Valentine, Jan. 30, in the Valentine United Methodist Church with burial in the Mount Hope Cemetery. Josephine Lopez died Jan. 24 in the Pine View Good Samaritan Center at Valentine. Survivors include son Kent Lopez of Valentine, and daughter Helen Lopez Colgan of Valentine.
* Funeral service for Eugene Donald Poessnecker, 78, of Atkinson, Jan. 30, in the St. John’s Lutheran Church of Atkinson with burial in the Woodlawn Cemetery. Eugene Poessnecker died Jan. 25 in the Avera Sacred Heart Hospital at Yankton, S.D. Survivors include children Marie Dowling and husband Troy of Malta, Ill., Michael Poessnecker and wife Cheryl of Lincoln, Paulette Read and husband Shawn of O’Neill, Monette Jo and husband Jeff of Denver, Colo., Matthew Poessnecker of Hampton, Clifford Poessnecker and wife Jen of Lincoln, Marla Schwanke of Butte, Lori Schwanke of Arkansas; Melinda Schwanke of Arkansas, and Pamela Poessnecker of Doniphan; numerous grandchildren; sisters Maxine Brink and husband Roger of Atkinson, and Marlene Ogden and husband Larry of Atkinson; ex-wife Elizabeth Poessnecker of Dewitt; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* Funeral service for Wesley “Robb” Slaymaker, 69, of O’Neill formerly of Bassett, Jan. 30, in the O’Neill Assembly of God Church with burial in the Woodlawn Cemetery near Atkinson with military rites conducted by the Atkinson American Legion Farley-Tushla Post 86. Robb Slaymaker died Jan. 20 in the West Holt Medical Center at Atkinson. Survivors include sons Dustin Slaymaker and wife Jenna of O’Neill, Bob Slaymaker and wife Kiley, Randy Slaymaker and wife Kerry, and Rick Slaymaker; numerous grandchildren; sisters Mary Brinkman and husband Dave of Surprise, Ariz., and Sandra Slaymaker of Sun City, Ariz.; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A graveside memorial service will be held at a later date for Martha E. Frew, 98, of Ainsworth. Martha Frew died Jan. 26 in the Sandhills Care Center. Survivors include sons Bill Frew of Norden, and Jerry Frew and wife Marj of Ainsworth; daughter Rosalie Fletcher and husband Val of Ainsworth; numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* Word has been received of the death of Jerry Beck, 69, of Grand Island formerly of Ainsworth. Jerry Beck died Jan. 20 in his home. Per his wishes, no service will be held. Survivors include his wife Joyce Beck of Grand Island; sons Tonny Beck and wife Michelle of Ainsworth, and Jeremey Beck and wife Kristin of Bellingham, Wash.; four grandchildren; step-sons Kenny Bauer and wife Heather of Lincoln, and Bryce Bauer and wife Emily of Ord; and four step-grandchildren.
* A memorial service will be held at a later date for Richard H. Walton, 81, of Springfield, Mo., formerly of Ainsworth. Richard Walton died Jan. 16 at Springfield.
* A memorial service will be held at a later date for Wayne S. “Spud” Bower, 84, of Ainsworth. Wayne Bower died Jan. 15 in the Sandhills Care Center. Survivors include his wife Lucinda “Cindy” Bower of Ainsworth; daughter Tamela Ayala and husband Diego of Lincoln; son Thomas Bower and wife Betty of Ainsworth; three grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brother-in-law Dale Kirkpatrick of Ainsworth; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A private family funeral service for Marilyn Baker, 93, of Papillion formerly of Springview and Valentine, Jan. 18, in the Springview United Methodist Church with burial in the Mount Hope Cemetery. Marilyn Baker died Jan. 10 at Papillion. Survivors include sons Mark Billings, David Billings and Blaine Baker; and daughter-in-law Sandy Billings.
* A private family inurnment for Dora E. Scott, 98, of Omaha formerly of Ainsworth, will be held at a later date at the Mount Hope Cemetery at Wood Lake. Dora Scott died Jan. 8 in The Heritage at Legacy at Omaha. Survivors include daughter Pam Scott of Las Vegas, Nev.; son Rick Scott and wife Joyce of Omaha; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* Funeral service for Gary Jon Aten, 82, of Atkinson, Jan. 12, in the Atkinson United Methodist Church with burial in the Woodlawn Cemetery. Gary Aten died Jan. 7 in the Atkinson Good Samaritan Center. Survivors include his wife Caroline Aten of Atkinson; sisters Cheri Frisch and husband Terry of Atkinson, and Cindy Weale and husband Denny of Omaha; brother Don Aten and wife Mary of Loveland, Colo.; and nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A public graveside service for Wilma Kenan, 90, of Valentine, Jan. 11, at the Mount Hope Cemetery. Wilma Kenan died Jan. 4 at Gordon. Survivors include daughter Linda Kluender of Edgemont, S.D.; and sister Edith Bachelor of Valentine.
* Funeral service for Ben LeRoy Boerger,87, of Grand Island formerly of Rock County, Jan. 11, in the St. Paul Lutheran Church of Grand Island with burial in the Duff Cemetery with military rites provided by the Bassett American Legion Post 123. Ben Boerger died Jan. 4 in his home. Survivors include his wife Judy Boerger of Grand Island; daughters Lori Stolcpart and husband Rod of Newport, and Carole Urbom and husband Brian of Grand Island; four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; sister Lois Nydle of Ottumwa, Iowa; sister-in-law Marie Dodd of Ainsworth; an aunt, nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A memorial service for James J. Friedel, 87, of Kearney formerly of Stuart, will be held at a later date. James Friedel died Jan. 1 in his home. Survivors include his wife Barbara Friedel of Kearney; children Tim Friedel and wife Janice of Kearney, Sue Maxson and husband Byron of Kearney, LeaJane Friedel of Kearney, and Marcee Johnson and husband Tom of Norfolk; seven grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and sisters Eileen Moss of Stuart, Dorothy Flannigan and husband Dan of Elkhorn, and Anita Shald of Yakima, Wash.
* Funeral service for Merle James Liewer, 75, of Atkinson, Jan. 8, in the St. Joseph’s Catholic Church of Atkinson with burial in the St. Joseph’s Catholic Cemetery. Merle Liewer died Jan. 4 near Grand Island. Survivors include his wife Anita Liewer of Atkinson; daughters Jeannie Elsbernd and friend Kevin Kenney of Grand Island, and Holli Kirwan and husband Kody of Butte; son Jamie Liewer and wife Michelle of O’Neill; nine grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brothers Stan Liewer and wife Joann of Burke, S.D., Mike Liewer and wife LaDell of Butte, and Dave Liewer and wife Carol of Butte; and sister Alice Verzal and husband Joe of Omaha.
* Word has been received of the death of Betty J. Grebenc, 90, of Ainsworth. Betty Grebenc died Jan. 3, in her home. Survivors include children David Lehn and wife Treva of Kearney, Carol Caudill of Ainsworth, and Ralph Lehn of Forest Grove, Ore.; numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren; sister Phyllis Cutsinger of Elberta, Ala.; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A private family funeral service for Margaret E. “Marg” Kinney, 85, of Bassett, Jan. 7, in the Bassett United Methodist Church with burial in the Bassett Memorial Park Cemetery. Margaret Kinney died Jan. 2 in the Rock County Hospital. Survivors include her husband Rich Kinney of Bassett; children Jeri Nelson and husband Bim of Long Pine, Mike Kinney and wife Michele of Bryan, Texas, Bill Kinney and wife Sandi of Kaysville, Utah, and Patty McConnell and husband Johnny of Tucson, Ariz.; 10 grandchildren; numerous great-grandchildren; sister-in-law Avis Hollopeter of Titusville, Fla.; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A graveside service for Faye L. Buoy, 88, of Bassett, Jan. 2, at the Rose Hill Cemetery near Rose. Faye Buoy died Dec. 30 in the Rock County Hospital Long Term Care at Bassett. Survivors include children Leanne Fox and husband Doug of Bassett, Gary Buoy and wife Daunnita of Burwell, Lonnie Buoy and wife Deb of Bassett, Bonnie Emerson and husband Brad of Bassett, Jerry Buoy of Laurel, and Cindy Norton and husband Todd of Ainsworth; 18 grandchildren; 45 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson; sisters-in-law Sylva Buoy of Burwell, Elva Buoy of Long Pine, Darline Blake of Bassett, and Ila Mae Blake of Bassett; nieces, nephews and other family members.
* A private family burial for Sylvia F. (Pavelka) Fink, 67, of rural Bladen, Jan. 2 at the Cloverton Cemetery with a public celebration of life service at a later date. Sylvia Fink died Dec. 26 in Bryan Health at Lincoln. Survivors include son Scott Fink and wife LaCaylla of Elsmere; daughter Amy Berggren and husband Chris of North Platte; four grandchildren; sisters Rosalyn Piel of Arvada, Colo., and Mary Johnson and husband Richard of Hastings; brother Stanley Pavelka and wife Sharon of Blue Hill; and nieces and nephews.