Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge
* Come for the picking but stay for the fun at Grandad’s Pumpkin Patch. Tons of fun and games for the whole family. Try out the new hay maze or take the pedal cars for a spin. There will be fall treats available for purchase too…plus so many perfect places to take that iconic pumpkin patch photo. Admission is just $4. Age 2 and under are free. They’re open on Fridays from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m, Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. through the month of October. This weekend is ‘Sip, Shop and Play’, they’re excited to welcome Elm Street Ambitions BOTH Saturday and Sunday. Plus they’re expecting JuJu Bean Coffee to stop in, one, possibly both days at Grandad’s Pumpkin Patch, just west of Bassett. For more information check out www.grandadspumpkinpatch.com or check out their facebook page.
* You don’t have to pack your suitcase for this adventure. Corn Maze in The Sandhills was designed with fall family fun in mind! The Corn Maze will be OPEN every Friday from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m. in October. Not only can you make your way through the interactive maze…there’s fun games and activities, zoom down the slide, go on a hay ride and make sure to pick your pumpkins. There will be food too – including cotton candy and hotdogs! Admission is just $5.00 cash. Get ready for a fun and unique experience sure to please the young and the young at heart. Opening Day is Saturday, October 1st. Location: west of Ainsworth off Hwy. 20, go south on 429th Ave to 877th road, then west. They’ll be on the north side. Just watch for signs! For you thrill seekers – The Last two weekends in October the corn maze transforms into the Haunted Field of Screams after dusk, stay tuned for details!
* The #1 way to get festive this fall – come to Shamrock Nursery’s 2nd Annual Fall Jamboree on Saturday, October 8th, from 10 a.m. until 4p.m. Bring the whole family to enjoy the best things fall has to offer. This year, they’ve added a Vendor Fair so you can shop til you drop. PLUS kids carnival games, balloon animals, pumpkin painting, face painting and MORE. They will have everything you need for your fall displays – pumpkins, gourds, straw bales and mums. Lunch will be available too, hotdogs served from 11 a.m. until1 p.m. by free will donation. Make it your fall bucket list trip because their 2nd Annual Fall Jamboree is what traditions are made of at Shamrock Nursery, East Hwy. 20, O’Neill.
* Come one, come all – it’s time to celebrate fall. The Ainsworth FFA Chapter is hosting a Fall Festival on Saturday, October 8th from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. in the Ag shop at Ainsworth Community Schools. They’ll have a petting zoo, coloring contest, tons of games and snacks, it’s sure to be a blast for the whole family. Plus it will be the perfect time to purchase your pumpkins. They’ve ordered up a beautiful fall day but no matter what Mother Nature brings, it’s sure to be a great time, just go to the Ag shop on the East side of Ainsworth Community Schools.
* Come join the compassionate Nursing Team at the Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth and make a difference in the lives of many. A full time day shift RN position is available. Successful candidate must be dedicated to continuous quality improvement and inspired to always put patients first. Charge nurse differential, self-scheduling, every 3rd weekend with weekend differential; education assistance, tuition reimbursement and benefits included! If interested contact Brandy Bussinger, DON or Lisa Fischer, HR Director at 387-2800, complete an on-line application by going to www.browncountyhospital.org or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth, quality in community healthcare.
* Good Life – Great Opportunity. The Nebraska Department of Transportation has exceptional opportunities for Hwy. Maintenance Workers in BOTH Springview and Ainsworth offering very competitive pay and outstanding benefits. Experience in the operation of heavy equipment or farming background is preferred but not required as successful applicant will be trained to operate various types of Highway maintenance equipment. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license. A Class A CDL will be required within 6 months of hire, NDOTs paid CDL training will put you on the fast track to advance your career and your pay check. If you possess a Class A CDL, you’ll receive senior level starting pay! For a complete job description and to apply log on to
www.statejobs.nebraska.gov. If you have any questions or would like to learn more, call Chuck at 387-2471. NDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* If you’re looking for a place where you can grow and be proud of what you do each day, come work for a locally owned, progressive and expanding company. Ainsworth Feed Processing is looking to fill Grain Handling technician positions AND Feed truck drivers who will be responsible for safe, accurate and timely delivery of feed to appropriate sights as well as assisting with feed mill functions on a daily basis. Prior experience operating and maintaining machinery, driving truck and a Class A CDL preferred but are NOT required as they are willing to train the right applicant. This is a great opportunity to serve in the ag industry and earn a very competitive wage, outstanding benefits and be able to be home every night. If you’re reliable, have strong communication skills and are a go-getter visit with Scott Fuelberth, 760-2016 or Justin Ludemann 382-8966 Or call Susan at GJW, llc in Ainsworth for more information. GJW, llc – improving people, pigs and producers.
* Come join the Surgery OR Specialty Clinic team at the Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth, now hiring RNs or LPNs. Successful candidate must be highly motivated and dedicated to continuous quality improvement. If interested please contact Jayce Linse, RN or Lisa Fischer, HR Director by calling 387-2800, complete an on-line application by going to www.browncountyhospital.org or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth, quality in community healthcare.
* Find your fix! Come work for Buckles Automotive Napa, where there’s never a dull moment. It’s a fast paced, high energy workplace that offers very competitive pay, merit increases, healthcare and cell phone allowances, store discount, plus locally owned, flexibility perks for ALL parts of life. You don’t have to put in for time off just to make it to your kids football game, we shove you out the door to make sure you make it on time. We provide you unique opportunities to build long lasting community relationships in an environment where you can grow. We want you to feel the energy and camaraderie that we ‘lifers’ feel – because it’s potent and motivational. If you want to be a part of something like THAT – Buckles Automotive Napa in Ainsworth could be right where you belong. Stop in and visit with Dave or call 387-1171.
* Work on the front lines of delicious at Ainsworth’s Pizza Hut! Whether you’re looking for a great part time job or a long term career. From drivers and cooks, to servers and even management they have a position for you! If you’ve got the energy and enthusiasm to work hard with a great team, 16 years old or over and meet Ainsworth Pizza Hut’s high standards, you’ll receive great starting pay with merit increases, advancement opportunities, 401K, on and off duty meal discounts, company paid GED, scholarships are available too! Even a helping hands fund for employees in need. Did I mention flexible work hours, you work at Pizza Hut evenings and weekends, consider yourself a hometown hero! Stop in at Ainsworth’s Pizza Hut to pick up your application and to learn more. OR apply online at www.pizzateam.staabmgt.com or text ‘jobs’ to 844-901-2533.
* By focusing on the things in life that matter most, Sandhills Care Center employees are empowered to provide a level of care that is almost unheard of in today’s work environment. If you have the passion, they have the position! Housekeeping and laundry aide positions are now available including the supervisor position, ALL allow room to grow! Business Manager and dietary positions available as well as nursing staff – Director of Nursing, charge nurses and CNAs. Full time and part time. New wage scale offers very competitive pay, insurance benefits for full time employees and flexible work schedules. All this in addition to being a part of a mission driven team that serves for the right reasons. It’s easy to apply, call Administrator Penny Jacobs at the Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth, where they’re proud to put people first. Phone 387-1294.
* Time proven fencing solutions. Adding high quality barbed wire fencing or pipe corrals up’s your property value. Fencing is NOT an expense, but instead – an investment that is worth the price. If you’re looking for the best livestock fencing, you’ll find it with Logan’s Fencing. Call Logan Leonard at 925-8184 for barbed wire fencing and pipe corral installation. Over a decade of experience.
* Do you have equipment to sell? Call the name you can trust – Big Iron. With Big Iron you’ll receive full service from start to finish with our proven selling system. Your equipment is featured worldwide, and with our unreserved auctions, every item sells to the highest bidder. No buyer’s fee means more money in your pocket, and no more worrying about payment collection – Big Iron takes care of it all. For more information, call Logan Leonard at 925-8184.
* Butcher hogs for sale, year round. Buy them by the half or the whole, $2.05 per lb. hanging weight. Price includes delivery. Locker appointments in December and January in Stuart, Orchard and Albion. Same party also has Pork by the cut for sale, conveniently packaged, done at a USDA locker. Pork chops, steaks, roasts, ribs, sausage and bacon. Call 394-8422. Leave a message if no answer.
* A Richmond 50 gallon electric hot water heater. Brand new, never
used or even hooked up – directly out of the box. Asking $485. (Retails for $525). Call or text Steph Kinzie if you have any questions at 760-1018.
* 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments for rent – subject to waiting list/availability at the Bassett Housing Authority, 400 Panzer Street,
Bassett. A great place to live with no upkeep or maintenance. Lawn mowed and watered in the summer and sidewalks cleared and snow removed in the winter. All apartments are equipped with a gas range, refrigerator and washer and dryer. Utilities included are electricity, natural gas, water, sewer and garbage. For more information on availability or to get your application call 684-3329. If no answer, please leave a message. Office Hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8 am – Noon and 1 – 5.
* Shamrock Nursery Vendors Wanted: Shamrock Nursery’s 2nd Annual Fall Jamboree is coming up October 8th, so come be a vendor! From Farmers Market type vendors, to craft vendors and just about any vendor in between. Call 336-3323 to reserve your spot for just $15 at Shamrock Nursery, your home and garden showplace, East Hwy. 20, O’Neill.
* Storage Clean Out: items can be viewed at 428 East 8th street, Ainsworth. Old gas stoves, electric stoves, washers, dryers, tables (all sizes), suitcases, vacuum, exercise equipment, weight bench with weights, many small items – way too numerous to mention! If you want to make an offer text 382-8106.
* Saturday, October 1st – regular cattle sale 9:30 a.m. with all classes of cattle selling at the Burke Livestock Auction. Spring calves at 12:30 p.m, bring weigh up cattle in on Friday if possible, the cattle sale will be followed by a tack and horse sale, tack sells at 3 followed by horses. Check out Burke they will also have a tack and horse sale. Check out their website for more information.
* Friday, October 7th – Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal is back with their Monthly Hay Consignment Auction at the Atkinson Livestock Market. Sale time is at 11 a.m. at the old Reliable, the Atkinson Livestock Market. See what’s in the offering by going to www.holtgrewauction.com. For questions or to consign hay call Ron Holtgrew at 340-0263. Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal in charge.
* Saturday, October 8th – Guns, Ammo, Vehicle, Motorcycle, tools and Antiques Estate Auctions starting at 10 am in the comfort of O’Neill’s KC Hall. We’re talking 20 guns, 5,000 rounds of ammo, gun cabinet, gun supplies; a ’97 Jeep Wrangler 4 wheel drive, 5 speed, hardtop with 92,000 miles, a ’99 Fat Boy Harley with low miles, custom paint, nice! There’s so many FUN and unique items too like a toy ride in electric jeep, metal detector, 3 wheel bicycle with motor, antiques, a pinball game, tools and shop items, lawn and garden items, You’ve gotta check this one out, you’ll find the offering and great pictures too by going to www.mmauctionsllc.com it’s the Petersen Estate Sale, so start making plans now to attend with
M&M Auctions, LLC, Matt McKay, phone 402-340-1209. Lunch will be available on site.
* Healthy Living and Community Spirit unite! An amazing race is about to take place. Don’t miss the Ainsworth FFA’s Inaugural “Jog for a Cause” Event. It’s a 5K AND 1 mile that welcomes walkers too. Take your mark at the Ainsworth Community School Ag Shop on Saturday, October 1st – Check in starts at 9 am, run starts at 10. Registration link can be found on Ainsworth Community Schools Facebook page or you can register that morning on site. Age 10 and under $15, 11 and up just $20. Choose the flat and Fast 5K or enjoy a beautiful day in the neighborhood for the mile walk, either way you can’t help but feel the energy building as you reach the finish PLUS you’ll be helping a family right here in the listening area to have a great Christmas as proceeds will be going to Suzie’s Christmas Wish. Inclement weather date 10/8.
* Giving Never Tasted SO SWEET! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To show support and help raise awareness about Breast Cancer, the staff at the Rock County Hospital, Clinic, Long Term Care and Pharmacy will be holding a Community Bake Sale on Monday, October 3rd from 8 am – noon, outside, in front of the Long Term Care under their covered drive. The JuJu Bean Coffee truck will also be on-site! Stop on by to grab some sweet
treats, you’ll be helping to support those right here in our area in their battle with cancer as proceeds will be going to the Sandhills Cancer Fund. Support the fighters, admire the survivors, honor the taken and never give up hope.
* October is Domestic Violence awareness month. Help Raise awareness by decorating windows and storefronts in purple any way you’d like. Lights, posters, paint, signs, etc. You could win prizes from Bright Horizons! You can enter anytime between now and the end of October. Winners will be announced on Halloween during safe trick or treat street. So let’s PAINT the Town Purple, ALL towns in the listening area are welcome to enter, because together we can end the abuse. To enter just register at the Bright Horizons office at 220 North Main in Ainsworth or call 531-776-5050.
* With you every step of the way! The PT department at the Brown County Hospital is excited to host thier 6th annual “Step Challenge” the entire month of October! It’s absolutely FREE, OR $5 entry if you want a T-shirt. To track your steps you can use a digital tracker, pedometer or any other tracking app system you may already have. You just report your totals weekly. It’s SO easy! They’ll have prize drawings throughout the month with one final grand prize, but THIS is one Challenge where everyone wins…because the single best thing you can do for your long term health is Move Your Body! Call the Physical Therapy Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 30 to get signed up! Phone 387-2800 ext. 340. The Brown County Hospital Physical Therapy Department – with you every step of the way!
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* Free items at the National Guard Armory at 635 N. 4th Street in O’Neill from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. on Friday, September 30th and Friday, October 7th. Limited availability. Available items are paper exam gowns, polyester gowns, N95 masks and ice packs. Items come in boxes of approximately 150 pieces.
Start your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Visit www.northeast.edu.
EARN YOUR LOCAL SUBSTITUTE TEACHING CERTIFICATE
Fulfill course requirements at Northeast and through the Nebraska Department of Education.
For more information on substitute teaching certification in Nebraska, please visit https://www.education.ne.gov/tcert