Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* Central Valley Ag is searching for a dedicated Feed Production Technician to join our growing team in Ainsworth, Nebraska! In this role, you’ll be responsible for mixing feed, ensuring optimal quality, and keeping our operation running smoothly. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package and a positive work environment. If you’re a detailed-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and a passion for agriculture, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! To learn more and apply, visit c-v-a co-op dot com back slash careers.
* Do you start every Monday feeling even more tired than you did on Friday? If your Sunday scaries persist – the issue may be your job. THIS SPRING could be just the start of the best move you ever made! The Nebraska Department of Transportation in Ainsworth is now accepting applications for a Highway Maintenance worker. Not only will you receive great pay and off the charts benefits, there is so much to be said about doing rewarding work that matters. Experience in the operation of heavy equipment or farming background is preferred but not required. CDL will be required but don’t let that scare you off. NDOT’s paid CDL training will put you on the fast track to advance your career and your pay check. What can it hurt to be open to a different opportunity? Call and visit with Shaun to learn more at 402-387-2471. For a complete description and to apply, log on to statejobs.nebraska.gov or scan the QR Code below. NDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* It’s time to elevate your career by joining the respected leader in the agriculture industry. Buckley Steel is looking to expand their Millwright team. If you have mechanical ability, your CDL (or are capable of getting one), if you enjoy operating machinery and are a good communicator dedicated to excellent customer service, you could be making from $28 to $34 per hour, starting pay! PLUS benefits including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, help with relocation expenses, out of town incentive pay, room to grow AND MORE! Come be a driving force in servicing and renovating commercial and large farm grain facilities with Buckley Steel in Ainsworth. Email resumes to email@example.com or mail to PO Box 2, Ainsworth, NE 69210 OR apply in person. If you have questions call Kim at 402-387-0347 or on his cell at 402-760-0200.
* If you have a passion for agriculture, are mechanically inclined, customer driven and are interested in better pay and being part of a great team, you will be right at home at Sandhill Equipment as a full time service technician performing general repair, preventative maintenance, servicing, trouble shooting and set up of hay equipment and other ag related equipment. If you’re self motivated and have tools – get them loaded up and come work independently at Sandhill Equipment, just west of Bassett. Stop in today for your application or call Dennis, Brett or Scott at 402-684- 2331.
* Do you like working with people and want a job that helps Nebraskans make memories and enjoy the best parts of our state? The Nebraska Game and Parks Office in Bassett has an immediate opening for a 20-hour per week part-time office professional to work with our friendly team in a customer service role. This is a permanent position that includes retirement, health insurance and leave benefits. To learn more, call Peggy at 402-684-2921 or apply online at statejobs.nebraska.gov. Help the public enjoy Nebraska’s outdoors in a rewarding environment – and support Nebraska’s wildlife, fish and state parks. Call Peggy at 402-684-2921 to learn more about this unique job opportunity with the Game and Parks Commission, or apply online at statejobs.nebraska.gov today.
* Are you looking for a new career? Join Central Valley Ag today as a fuel delivery driver in the Ainsworth area. As a full time delivery driver, you’ll deliver refined fuels and propane, deliver top-notch customer service and be a part of a team that keeps the community moving. You’ll need a Class B CDL, a ‘can-do’ attitude, and a passion for safety. CVA offers competitive pay and great benefits. Fuel your career with CVA. Visit cvacoop.com\careers to apply today. Central Valley Ag, Growing Agriculture together.
* Do you like solving a wide range of mechanic problems? Are you looking for new challenges? As an automotive and diesel mechanic in Ainsworth with the Nebraska Department of Transportation, you’ll be a part of a supportive team that takes great pride in ensuring equipment is on the road, where it belongs, to help support safe travel through the state of Nebraska. This exceptional opportunity brings with it stability, very competitive pay, a great work life balance and an off the charts benefits package that include health, dental and vision insurance, ample paid time off, retirement, the list goes on and on! They provide tools, training, career development and advancement opportunities. To learn more, visit the Ainsworth Yard at 736 E. Fourth St., or call Matt at 402-387-2471. For a complete description and to apply log on to statejobs.nebraska.gov. NDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Are you ready for a change of pace? Seven Springs of Long Pine has a position for you. They are looking to fill a driver position, a CDL is NOT required and they are also looking for help in bottling. Greatness is everywhere in the Sandhills, we’re fortunate enough to have the greatest water in the world right here, so come be a part of providing the crisp clean taste of Seven Springs water to everyone. If you’re looking for work, give Todd Thornton a call today to learn more about what’s available at Seven Springs in Long Pine, phone 402-273-4295.
* Are you looking for rewarding, meaningful work in the great outdoors? The Ainsworth Irrigation District is Hiring! They are looking to fill a full time Ditch Rider/General Laborer position monitoring ditches, drains, canals and laterals and ensuring that all patrons get their water. Knowledge of water properties and flow characteristics, ag experience, safe work practices, ability to work with minimal supervision, and good communication skills are a plus, but if you’re willing to work and eager to learn, this could be the position for you. A very competitive wage is offered, great benefits and room to grow. For a detailed description and an application, stop in at the office one mile east and ¼ mile north of Ainsworth or call 402-387-2440. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license. CDL is preferred but not required.
* The Ainsworth Child Development Center is looking for full-time, part-time and substitute educators to work in our infant, toddler and preschool classrooms. Full-time position starting wage $12-$15 (depending on qualifications). Substitute wage is $13 per hour with child care available at a reduced rate based on capacity. Benefits Include no nights or weekends, flexible four-day working schedule, opportunities for professional development, paid holidays and time off. Qualifications include having a high school diploma or equivalent and must pass a background check. No previous experience is required. Contact Ashlie Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 402-450-9314 or visit us at ainsworthchildcare.com. ACDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Are you looking for a rewarding and fulfilling position helping kids learn? As a full time Preschool Temporary Center Assistant at Little Paws Preschool in Ainsworth September through March. Not only will you earn competitive pay and great benefits – you get to witness so many ground breaking moments and daily ‘wins’. Successful applicant will assist teacher with daily activities, planning, and help with cooking and cleaning. Applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid Nebraska Drivers license and a working phone. Previous experience working with children preferred. For your application call 308-745-0780 ext. 105 or apply online at www.centralnebraskacap.com. This position will remain open until filled. EEO/AA
* Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership is looking to fill a full time position, (temporary until August) as an “Ainsworth Little Paws Preschool Home Visitor”. A competitive wage is offered as well as an outstanding benefits package, but what’s more, it’s a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, providing assistance and support to families enrolled in the program. Qualified individuals must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid Nebraska Driver’s License and a working phone. Previous experience working with families with preschool-age children preferred. For an application or to learn more, call HR at 308-745-0780 ext. 105 or apply online at www.centralnebraskacap.com. Positions will remain open until filled. EEO/AA.
* Find your fix! Come work for Buckles Automotive Napa, where there’s never a dull moment. It’s a fast paced, high energy workplace that offers very competitive pay, merit increases, healthcare and cell phone allowances, store discount, plus locally owned, flexibility perks for ALL parts of life. Working at Buckles provides you unique opportunities to build long lasting community relationships in an environment where you can grow. If you want to be a part of something like that – Buckles Automotive Napa in
Ainsworth could be right where you belong. Stop in and visit with Dave or call 387-1171.
* Come be a part of a team that is compassionate about providing quality care to each of their residents! If you have the passion, The Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth has a position for you. Charge nurses – RNs and LPNs, CNAs, dietary, housekeeping and laundry aides. BOTH full time and part time positions are available. Very competitive pay, insurance benefits for full time employees and flexible work schedules. All this in addition to being a part of a mission driven team that serves for the right reasons. It’s easy to apply, call Administrator Penny Jacobs at the Sandhills Care Center , where they’re proud to put people first. Phone 387-1294.
* Bring life to your home – make every night a celebration. Have permanent outdoor lighting professionally installed, boost curb appeal, add value, enhance safety and security to your home, backed by TrimLights lifetime warranty. Decades of use during the holidays, game days, any day. Call Adam with Light It Up today to schedule for your free, no obligation estimate at 402-340-6207, he will be in the area beginning of March doing estimates and right now you will receive the lowest prices of the year. References gladly given.
* Turn your customers into walking billboards with Flibbityjiblets in
Bassett. Shane and Jina have opened up a wide world of virtually unlimited possibilities with their embroidery and direct to garment printing service. In addition to customizing T shirts, they can easily print sweatshirts, tote bags, golf towels, mouse pads, socks, infant onesies, aprons even shoes and hats. They don’t stop at apparel either. They have the ability to customize a dizzying array of products at an affordable price. Learn more by checking out the Flibbityjiblets Facebook page or call or text Jina at 760-2089. No minimum order requirements.
* Time proven fencing solutions. Adding high quality barbed wire fencing or pipe corrals up’s your property value. Fencing is NOT an expense, but instead – an investment that is worth the price. If you’re looking for the best livestock fencing, you’ll find it with Logan’s Fencing. Call Logan Leonard at 925-8184 for barbed wire fencing and pipe corral installation. Over a decade of experience.
* Do you have equipment to sell? Call the name you can trust – Big Iron. With Big Iron you’ll receive full service from start to finish with our proven selling system. Your equipment is featured worldwide, and with our unreserved auctions, every item sells to the highest bidder. No buyer’s fee means more money in your pocket, and no more worrying about payment collection – Big Iron takes care of it all. For more information, call Logan Leonard at 925-8184.
* 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments for rent – subject to waiting list/availability at the Bassett Housing Authority, 400 Panzer Street,
Bassett. A great place to live with no upkeep or maintenance. Lawn mowed and watered in the summer and sidewalks cleared and snow removed in the winter. All apartments are equipped with a gas range, refrigerator and washer and dryer. Utilities included are electricity, natural gas, water, sewer and garbage. For more information on availability or to get your application call 684-3329. If no answer, please leave a message. Office Hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8 a.m. – Noon and 1 – 5 p.m.
* Looking for a small, bumper-pulled camper in fair condition. Call 402-382-8657.
* Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal is back with its Monthly Hay Consignment Auction at the Atkinson Livestock Market. Sale time is at 11 a.m. Friday, March 1. Learn more online at www.holtgrewauction.com If you have questions or to consign hay, call Ron Holtgrew at 402-340-0263. Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal in charge.
* Saturday, March 9 – The Holz Lumber Company Complete Dispersal Auction at 401 E. Everett in O’Neill. Sale starts at 9 a.m. – make sure to bring your trailers! Tons of tools, building materials – trims, moldings, windows, doors, cabinets, soffit and fascia, garage doors, plywood, shingles, insulation lots of new items! Plus hardware inventory, Farm Supplies, fixtures, office supplies and miscellaneous visit www.mmauctionsllc.com to check out the sale bill and tons of pictures. If you have questions contact Matt McKay at 402-340-1209.
* Now taking consignments for M&M Auction’s Spring Machinery Consignment Auction coming up Saturday, March 23. Sale will take place at the M&M Auction lot ½ mile northeast of O’Neill. Call Matt McKay today at 402-340-1209 or 336-9914 to get your items listed. Advertising deadline is March 1. They will still accept consignments after the advertising deadline – but do it now so you’ll be in on all the advertising and mark your calendars for the Spring Machinery Consignment Auction Saturday, March 23, brought to you by M&M Auctions, they’re ready to go to work for you.
* Experience the Music Madness every Saturday night in March at the areas ultimate entertainment destination, the Springlake Angus Center! Gene and Kelcey have unveiled the next five weekends of live bands and who better to kick it all off than rising country superstar Tim Zach? New album recorded and NOW, he’s ready to blow the roof off the boogie barn with his high energy show and powerful vocals this Saturday night, March 2. Come early, come hungry! Enjoy 100% prime steaks and burgers along with many other area favorites off their great menu. Kitchen and Cash Bar open at 6 p.m., Tim Zach takes the stage at 9 p.m. Unforgettable performances await all March long, so Saddle up for Saturday night Greatness at the Springlake Angus Center.
* The Bassett Methodist Church Smorgasbord is this Sunday, March 3, serving from 5:30 until 7 p.m. Menu includes fried chicken, roast beef, ham balls, potatoes, various salads and desserts. Everyone is welcome. Freewill offering.
* Less scrolling – more movement. Less isolation – more human connection. Less Blue light – more sun light. Less external validation – more self confidence. Baseball matters. Kids need it now more than ever. Ainsworth has outstanding ball fields and kids should have the opportunity to play and make great memories. So let’s get them out there to PLAY BALL. Sign up night for E&L Baseball will be held Thursday, March 14, and also Thursday, March 21, from 5 until 8 p.m. in the Elks Lodge. ALL area youth are welcome, boys and girls, ALL levels. If you want to play, there’s a team for YOU! If you have any questions or if you want to volunteer to help, please call Brandon Evans at 402-760-3985 or Heath Rudnick at 760-0793. Come Hungry – because it’s burger/sandwich night!
* The Ainsworth Youth Sports program can’t wait to ‘kick it’ with your kids this spring! Youth soccer registration is now open! Boys and girls– Pre-K thru the sixth grade can come expecting to have fun, learn skills and of course burn energy! Fee is just $30 which includes a T-shirt. There’s no better time than springtime for kids to get out and play. Join Ainsworth Youth Soccer today. It’s easy to register, just log on to cityofainsworth.com. If you have any questions call Katie Painter, program director at the City of Ainsworth, phone (402) 387-2494. Deadline to register is March 22.
* Educating and exciting fishing’s next generation! “School of Fish” is a Unique 2-1/2 hour fishing class for kids and parents and it’s coming to Ainsworth. The Sandhills Chapter Pheasants Forever, the Ainsworth Elks and the Sandhills Rod and Gun Club have teamed up to sponsor this great event. Kids age 9 – 14, if you enjoy fishing or you want to get started in fishing, you’re going to want to attend School of Fish on Thursday, March 28, at 5:30 p.m. in the Ainsworth Elks. Learn about the lakes, the fish that swim in lakes, some great ways to catch them and enjoy hotdogs and hamburgers too! This class is absolutely free, there is NO registration fee – however, you must pre-register for the event by calling or texting Kevin Johnson at 402-760-1803. Deadline to register is March 25. Those who have previously attended are not eligible as space is limited.
LOST & FOUND:
Pheasants Forever Scholarships
Attention all area seniors: The Sandhills Chapter Pheasants Forever has established a fund to provide scholarship assistance to a deserving student, like YOU! This non-profit organization is dedicated to the protection and enhancement of pheasant and other wildlife populations through habitat improvement, land management, public awareness and education. They’re proud to recognize and provide a financial award to one or more outstanding graduating seniors from the Ainsworth, Bassett, Springview or Valentine areas. Over $28,000 and 56 scholarships have been awarded since the program started in 2008. Last year, five scholarships were awarded! Applying is easy! Pick up an application from your high school guidance counselor, OR call Brad Waits at 402-760-2905. Apply today, Sandhills Chapter Pheasants Forever would like to help you to further your education. Deadline to apply is April 5.
Brown County Hospital Scholarships
Your health care career is within reach! The Brown County Hospital is excited to announce they will be giving three $750 scholarships. Considering the importance of high quality health care in today’s society, it is critical for bright, talented people to be encouraged to pursue professions in the field. At the Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth, it is their pleasure to assist area students who are working toward a career to improve the health and well being of others. The Brown County Hospital Scholarship is open to all area graduating seniors and current college students from Brown, Rock, Cherry, Keya Paha, Loup and Blaine County who have selected to focus on a health care or healthcare supporting career. For more information or your application go to www.browncountyhospital.org or call Robin Johannssen at the Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth, phone 402-387-2800. Application deadline is March 29.
Sandy Pine Scholarships
College DOES cost a lot more than it used to – but going to college is worth it! Your college degree will be one of the best investments you’ll ever make. The cost of attending college may seem daunting, but that’s exactly why Sandy Pine is here to help! If you are a high school senior in Brown, Rock, Holt, Keya Paha or Cherry County and are planning on going to college, stop in at your guidance counselors office and pick up the Sandy Pine Scholarship Application – which contains all the details and eligibility criteria. They’ll be awarding $500 Scholarships to employees, children of employees and the general public. At Sandy Pine – GJW and Sandhills Elite Genetics, they know that the well educated work force of tomorrow depends on accessible education today. Applications are due March 15.
TO GIVE AWAY: