Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge
* O’Neill is giving Friday Night Lights a whole new meaning! CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. O’Neill’s Hometown Christmas Celebration is this Friday night, downtown O’Neill. Don’t miss this Fun Filled Family Event with activities starting at 4 p.m. at the Handlebend Building. Santa Claus will be there from 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. THEN at 7 p.m. they’re set to light up the night with the lighted Christmas Parade! Lighting of the community Christmas Tree at the end of the Parade. This Friday in O’Neill promises to create family – friendly fun filled memories so step on in to the Holiday season, the O’Neill Business Boosters welcomes one and all.
* Experience The Jane Keller Memorial Art Show! 123 South Clark in Bassett will be transformed into an art gallery bursting with color and culture, shining a spotlight on area talent. The art show is open for public viewing this Friday from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m, Saturday from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. ShookEm Photo and Co. will be doing pictures with Santa from 3:30 p.m. until 6 p.m! Learn more by going to the Bassett Arts Council Facebook page. Don’t keep your art hidden – share it! The show is open to ALL Sandhills area residents – Youth, Adults and Professionals. Entries accepted from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. November 30th and December 1st at 123 South Clark Street in Bassett.
TAG: The Bassett Arts Council is supported by the Nebraska…Arts Council, Cultural Endowment and Humanities along with the City of Bassett, RC Growth Community Fund, local businesses, benefactors and supporters.
* The Winterfest Craft and Gift Show is coming to the Cherry County Fairgrounds on Saturday, December 3rd from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. The Valentine PEO chapter hosts this great gift-finding, vendor event and proceeds from the concessions and bake sale go towards local scholarships for young women pursing a higher education so come out and support this great fundraiser and check off your wish list at Winterfest, Saturday, December 3rd at the Cherry County Fairgrounds in Valentine.
* It’s inevitable – It’s arrived – It’s the holidays…why not turn the tables and enjoy your Holiday decorating, entertaining AND Gift Giving with NO STRESS? You’re invited to The Whistle Stop’s Christmas Open House this Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and on Sunday from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. Take 20% off on all Christmas decorations and 10% off Storewide. Register for door prizes and enjoy gourmet food samples. Come…take the holiday journey, visit The Whistle Stop – your full service floral and gift shop on Clark Street in Bassett.
* Susie’s Christmas Wish Toy Drive is coming up this Saturday, December 3rd at the Viaero parking lot from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Thank you for supporting Susie’s Christmas Wish. If you have any questions call or text Mandy Evans by at 382-0182 or Amber Happold at 760-3877 or message them on facebook. Brown County Parents and/or Guardians can come and pick gifts Dec. 7th, 8th and 9th from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the Fire Hall Meeting Room. Shopping will be open to Rock and Keya Paha County parents/guardians on Friday.
* If you’re ready for a Holiday Shopping Spectacular – you’ll find it in Bassett Sunday, December 4th. Don’t miss the Hometown Holiday Craft and Vendor Show from noon until 5 p.m. at TWO great locations – the elementary school and the Senior Center. Whether you’re searching for the greatest gifts ever OR for holiday inspiration, it’s all inside the Hometown Holiday Craft and Vendor Show this Sunday in Bassett. Make sure to stick around for the dazzling Festival of Lights Parade.
* Twinkling lights, a festive parade and special events…Come celebrate the kickoff to the Christmas Season. This Sunday is Bassett’s Festival of Lights. The Parade route downtown is the stage for Bassett’s brightest Holiday Tradition – the parade culminates with the lighting of Memory Lane Park. Parade line up is at 5:30 p.m. at the Bassett Grade School. Parade starts at 6 p.m. NO ENTRY FEE. Of course Santa Claus himself wouldn’t miss this
special occasion. He will be at 123 South Clark from 3:30 p.m. until 6 p.m. Photos by hook Em Photo Co. will be available free of charge via link! The Art Center is hosting a Cardboard Ginger Bread House Competition from 10 a.m. until noon. So get to work on those creations and drop them off on Sunday! Make sure to shop Bassett’s Hometown Holiday Vendor Fair and check out the Jane Keller Memorial Art Show too, just come make a day of it! The Bassett Festival of Lights is brought to you by the Bassett Chamber of Commerce.
* Vetter Farms in Bassett, Nebraska is seeking full time ranch help. Housing is available. If you’d like more information call 760-1395.
* If you’re ready to make a difference, learn and use a wide variety of skills and start a new career quickly, the Mundhenke Agency is looking to hire a full time Insurance Agent. If you are self motivated, detail oriented, organized and great with people this may be a perfect opportunity for you. Will need to pass the Nebraska Property and Casualty Insurance exam as you will be quoting and renewing insurance policies for new and existing customers, answering the phone, helping customers with claims and follow up and assisting with filing and billing. Hours are Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. A very competitive wage is offered as well as bonuses, paid time off and opportunities to grow. If you’re ready to start providing outstanding customer service in a great environment where making a difference matters, give John Pierce a call at the Mundhenke Agency in Ainsworth, phone 387-2883 or stop in to apply.
* The Ainsworth Senior Center is looking for a Manager who would be responsible for over-all day to day operations of the center, coordinating with the Area Agency on Aging. If you’re self motivated, organized, have the ability to multi task and are great with people – this could be the fit for you! Typical schedule is Monday through Friday and could easily coincide with children’s school schedule. Pick up your application at the Ainsworth Senior Center, 234 West 2nd Street or call 387-0777 for more information.
* Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership is looking to fill a full time position as an “Ainsworth Little Paws Preschool Home Visitor”. A competitive wage is offered as well as an outstanding benefit package, but what’s more, it’s a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, providing assistance and support to families enrolled in the program, attain knowledge of resources available in the community and build and strengthen partnerships with community entities. Qualified individuals must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid Nebraska Drivers License and a working phone. Previous experience working with families with preschool age children preferred. For your application or to lean more, call HR at 308-745-0780 ext. 0 or apply online at www.centralnebraskacap.com. Position will remain open until filled. EEO/AA
* Northern Plains Supply in Bassett is Expanding their team! They are looking to add a Full time Experienced Welder AND a Diesel
Mechanic to their team. Wages are based on experience. A number of benefits are available including Health Insurance, Aflac, 401K, Sick and Vacation time, paid holidays, company paid work uniforms AND a sign on bonus. Housing is also available to rent. If you’re interested, or to learn more, contact Northern Plains Supply by calling 684-2383.
* Let’s get stronger together! By focusing on the things in life that matter most, Sandhills Care Center employees are empowered to provide a level of care that is almost unheard of in today’s work environment. They are looking to fill the Director of Nursing position as well as charge nurse and CNA positions. Full time and part time positions available. New wage scale offers very competitive pay, insurance benefits for full time employees and flexible work schedules. All this in addition to being a part of a mission driven team that serves for the right reasons. It’s easy to apply, call Administrator Penny Jacobs at the Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth, where they’re proud to put people first. Phone 387-1294.
* Time proven fencing solutions. Adding high quality barbed wire fencing or pipe corrals up’s your property value. Fencing is NOT an expense, but instead – an investment that is worth the price. If you’re looking for the best livestock fencing, you’ll find it with Logan’s Fencing. Call Logan Leonard at 925-8184 for barbed wire fencing and pipe corral installation. Over a decade of experience.
* Do you have equipment to sell? Call the name you can trust – Big Iron. With Big Iron you’ll receive full service from start to finish with our proven selling system. Your equipment is featured worldwide, and with our unreserved auctions, every item sells to the highest bidder. No buyer’s fee means more money in your pocket, and no more worrying about payment collection – Big Iron takes care of it all. For more information, call Logan Leonard at 925-8184.
* Butcher hogs for sale, year round. Buy them by the half or the whole, $2.05 per lb. hanging weight. Price includes delivery. Locker appointments in December and January in Stuart, Orchard and Albion. Same party also has Pork by the cut for sale, conveniently packaged, done at a USDA locker. Pork chops, steaks, roasts, ribs, sausage and bacon. Call 394-8422. Leave a message if no answer.
* 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments for rent – subject to waiting list/availability at the Bassett Housing Authority, 400 Panzer Street,
Bassett. A great place to live with no upkeep or maintenance. Lawn mowed and watered in the summer and sidewalks cleared and snow removed in the winter. All apartments are equipped with a gas range, refrigerator and washer and dryer. Utilities included are electricity, natural gas, water, sewer and garbage. For more information on availability or to get your application call 684-3329. If no answer, please leave a message. Office Hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8 a.m. – Noon and 1 – 5 p.m.
* Friday, December 2 – Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal is back with their Monthly Hay Consignment Auction at the Atkinson Livestock Market. Sale time is at 11 a.m. at the old Reliable, the Atkinson Livestock Market. See what’s in the offering by going to www.holtgrewauction.com. For questions or to consign hay call Ron Holtgrew at 340-0263. Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal in charge.
* It’s time to get registered for 1st through 6th Grade Boys and Girls Basketball. Cost is just $20, that includes Tshirt. Ainsworth Youth Basketball focuses on skill development, fundamentals and helping young ball players better understand the game. So come have fun and get to be a better basketball player! To register call Katie Painter, Program Director at the City of Ainsworth, phone 387-2494 or email email@example.com. Registration Deadline is December 1st.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
Start your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Visit www.northeast.edu.
EARN YOUR LOCAL SUBSTITUTE TEACHING CERTIFICATE
Fulfill course requirements at Northeast and through the Nebraska Department of Education.
For more information on substitute teaching certification in Nebraska, please visit https://www.education.ne.gov/tcert