Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed.
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge.
* Do more for your future! Discover a career in banking as a full time
teller, helping to provide the ‘financial backbone’ in customer service at Union Bank & Trust, Ainsworth branch. If you are great with people and excel in customer service and relationship building this is a tremendous opportunity to establish your career with an amazing company. Competitive pay with benefits designed to protect your physical and financial health and help you make the most of your financial future because at UBT, they’re serious about building fulfilling careers – not just day jobs. To learn more, call 387-1350 and visit with Kathy. For a complete description and to apply, log on to ubt.com/careers.
* Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership is looking to
fill a full time position as an “Ainsworth Little Paws Preschool Home Visitor”. A competitive wage is offered as well as an outstanding benefit package, but what’s more, it’s a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, providing assistance and support to families enrolled in the program. Qualified individuals must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid Nebraska Drivers License and a working phone. Previous experience working with families with preschool age children preferred. For your application or to lean more, call HR at 308-745-0780 ext. 105 or apply online at www.centralnebraskacap.com. Position will remain open until filled. EEO/AA.
* Are you a compassionate and dependable individual? Are you known for your outstanding leadership skills and want to have a career where you KNOW you’re making a difference? If so – Cottonwood Villa has a place for you! They are seeking an energetic, self motivated individual to fill the full time position of Resident Services Coordinator/Assistant Administrator. Must have excellent customer service skills, experience managing people,
extensive computer skills, proficient time management skills. Experience in healthcare and minimum of associates degree preferred. If you’re interested see or call Ann Fiala at Cottonwood Villa, 450 South Main, Ainsworth, phone 387-1000.
* Full time Human Resource Manager who will plan, organize and direct provisions of the human resources and marketing functions of the Brown County Hospital and everything that entails. Associate or Bachelors degree in HR and 2-4 years related experience preferred. Must be a team player with great leadership, organization and prioritizing abilities, effective oral and written communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills. For a complete job description log on to the hospital website, browncountyhospital.org. Training period with current manager provided for this salaried position. Very competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package offered. For more information contact Lisa Fischer, HR email@example.com or Mirya Hallock CEO
firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for applications is October 13, 2023.
* Looking for an employer who will support you and stand behind you? Prairie Hills Ford in O’Neill is looking for a full time Automotive Technician and also a full time Parts Counterperson. Come work in a fast paced, fun environment, develop your automotive skills alongside the best of the best in automotive service, growing your skills AND compensation for doing what you enjoy plus you’ll receive those priceless family friendly flexibility perks. To apply or if you’d just like to learn more, stop in and visit with Jon or call 336-2400.
* Are you looking for a rewarding and fulfilling position helping kids
learn? As a full time Preschool Temporary Center Assistant at Little Paws Preschool in Ainsworth September through March. Not only will you earn competitive pay and great benefits – you get to witness so many ground breaking moments and daily ‘wins’. Successful applicant will assist teacher with daily activities, planning, and help with cooking and cleaning. Applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid Nebraska Drivers license and a working phone. Previous experience working with children preferred. For your application call 308-745-0780
ext. 105 or apply online at www.centralnebraskacap.com. This position will remain open until filled. EEO/AA
* Better Pay, Great Benefits – ENJOY going to work every day, come see what it’s like to be a part of a legacy of caring at the Rock County Long Term Care in Bassett. They’re now accepting applications for a full time night shift registered nurse, and 2 Full time day shift CNA’s. VERY competitive hourly pay, outstanding benefits, and a sign on bonus! Give Katie a call at 684-2991 or email email@example.com OR complete and submit your application online by going to the hospital website
www.rockcountyhospital.com. Come be a part of a legacy of caring at the Rock County Long Term Care in Bassett, Nebraska.
* Put your passion and talent to work with GJW, LLC a global leader in the swine industry. They’re continually seeking highly motivated individuals to join their team offering career opportunities in a variety of areas: equipment operators, financial analysts, Wildlife management and forestry specialists, range technicians, vehicle and facility maintenance and YES animal production too. Their dedicated team encompasses people from diverse backgrounds and experiences working together to produce high quality pork. Above average compensation, great benefits and room to grow. From teens to retiree’s and everyone in between – GJW, LLC is always accepting applications and resumes for hard working individuals. Applying is easy. Stop by their 300 North Main Office to pick up your application or for more information call 382-3333.
* If you have the passion – the Sandhills Care Center has a position for you. Charge nurses – RNs and LPNs, CNAs, dietary, housekeeping and laundry aides. BOTH full time and part time positions are available. Very competitive pay, insurance benefits for full time employees and flexible work schedules. All this in addition to being a part of a mission driven team that serves for the right reasons. To apply, call Administrator Penny Jacobs at the Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth, where they’re proud to put people first. Phone 387-1294.
* Avoid cold ladders, tangled lights, and icy shingles. Light it UP in Atkinson ensures the perfect Christmas display with precise, clean and professional installation of permanent lighting, backed by TrimLights lifetime product guarantee. Decades of use during the holidays, game days, any day. Be as creative as you want to be, change it up as often as you please, there’s so many color options, preset patterns and animations to choose from with convenient palm of your hand control. One install – you get it ALL. Call 340-6207 for your free, no obligation estimate. References gladly given.
* Time proven fencing solutions. Adding high quality barbed wire fencing or pipe corrals up’s your property value. Fencing is NOT an expense, but instead – an investment that is worth the price. If you’re looking for the best livestock fencing, you’ll find it with Logan’s Fencing. Call Logan Leonard at 925-8184 for barbed wire fencing and pipe corral installation. Over a decade of experience.
* Do you have equipment to sell? Call the name you can trust – Big Iron. With Big Iron you’ll receive full service from start to finish with our proven selling system. Your equipment is featured worldwide, and with our unreserved auctions, every item sells to the highest bidder. No buyer’s fee means more money in your pocket, and no more worrying about payment collection – Big Iron takes care of it all. For more information, call Logan Leonard at 925-8184.
PUPPIES FOR SALE:
* Home raised Nebraska corn-fed beef from the Graff Ranch. No Implants, no antibiotics, you can buy it by the ½ or whole. Call The Graff Ranch at 387-2209 or 760-0918, if no answer please leave a
message. Get that freezer stocked up with beef from the Graff Ranch!
* 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments for rent – subject to waiting list/availability at the Bassett Housing Authority, 400 Panzer Street,
Bassett. A great place to live with no upkeep or maintenance. Lawn mowed and watered in the summer and sidewalks cleared and snow removed in the winter. All apartments are equipped with a gas range, refrigerator and washer and dryer. Utilities included are electricity, natural gas, water, sewer and garbage. For more information on availability or to get your application call 684-3329. If no answer, please leave a message. Office Hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8 a.m. – Noon and 1 – 5 p.m.
* Come find ‘Affordable Treasures’ as the Church of the Nazarene congregation comes together to host a HUGE Garage Sale this Thursday from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. at the Connection on Main Street in Ainsworth. It’s a benefit garage sale with proceeds going toward an upgraded furnace and air conditioning unit for the Connection building. They will still be doing Friday lunch! On the sale there’s a Coke collection including ‘light up’ signs, Boyd’s Bear collection, Precious Moments Collection, Air fryer, trundle bed, bike, lots of Disney apparel and collectibles, Christmas items and decor, an antique sewing machine and SO MUCH MORE.
* Vendors Wanted: Shamrock Nursery’s third Annual Fall Jamboree is coming up October 7, so come be a vendor! From Farmers Market type vendors, to craft vendors and just about any vendor in between. Call 336-3323 to reserve your spot for just $15 at Shamrock Nursery, your home and garden showplace, East Hwy. 20, O’Neill.
* The Glen Boschen Estate Auction will be held Saturday, September 30, at 10 a.m. 7 miles north and ¾ miles west of the Highway 20/183 junction, lunch will be available. This auction is loaded with hay equipment including, 2-24’ Rowse dump rakes, a JD 535 twine tie round baler, 3- New Holland square balers, plus numerous tractors. Gun buyers and collectors, you won’t want to miss this auction, Rifles, Pistols , Shotguns, over a dozen guns are up for sale. Almost every shop tool or supply you can think of, from Chain binders to hydraulic floor jacks, to battery chargers and welders, and socket sets, wrenches, hammers, and grinders. This is auction is a do not miss. Miscellaneous items include, stock tanks, rolls of new and used barbed wire, chain saws, and many more items too numerous to mention. The Glen Boschen Estate Auction Saturday, September 30, located 7 miles north ¾ west of the Highway 20/183 junction. Address is 88503 US 183 Long Pine. To view the complete sale bill log on to www.heartlandauction.net. Heartland Auction of Bassett in charge, Merv Bouy Auctioneer.
* Saturday, September 30 – Estate Auction personal property AND Real Estate – 430 North 10th Street in O’Neill. Sale time is at 11 a.m. – in the personal property offering an ’05 Chevy Trailblazer, 4 wheel drive, 3rd seat, runs good, a ’68 Chevy C10 pickup still runs and drives, in decent shape – would be a great project. There’s tons of fishing and ice fishing items, a Poulon Pro 300 riding lawn mower with bagger, Toro Snow blower, log splitter on wheels, portable air compressor many more shop, home, lawn and garden, tools and supplies. Check out the sale bill at www.mmauctionsllc.com . At noon bid your price on the real estate. A rare opportunity to purchase a 1192 square foot home that includes a recent addition and deck, single attached garage, convenient one level living with nice landscaping. There’s a large lot and a 32×40’ storage shed so there’s plenty of room to keep your camper, trailers and toys. If
you have any questions contact Matt McKay, Broker with M&M Auction and Realty, phone 340-1209 or log on to www.mmauctionrealty.com.
* Friday, October 6 – Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal is back with their Monthly Hay Consignment Auction at the Atkinson Livestock Market. Sale time is at 11 a.m. Learn more by going to www.holtgrewauction.com or if you have questions or to consign hay call Ron Holtgrew at 340-0263. Holtgrew Auction and Appraisal in charge.
* Thursday, November 2nd. Land Auction: – 482 Acres near Newport, Nebraska. The farmland will be offered in 2 tracts at Public Auction at 10 a.m. at the Atkinson Community Center. The farms consist of 395.26 FSA cropland acres with primary soil type consisting of Pivot-Valentine complex and Valentine fine sand. Situated in the Upper Elkhorn Natural Resource District, these farms consist of approximately 395.28 acres that are irrigated through three well-maintained center pivots. This farm would make a great add-on to an existing farm operation or an excellent investment opportunity. Both tracts are “open” for farming in the 2024 crop season. For more information visit www.peoplescompany.com .
* Football Fridays and Saturdays are back, and that means it is again your chance to win by playing the free KBRB Football Contest. Each week through the high school football season, pick up a KBRB Football Contest card from a participating sponsor for your chance to win a $40 first-place certificate or a $20 second-place certificate. Just pick the winners of the featured high school and college football games, write your name, town and phone number on the card and either drop it off to the KBRB Studios by 4 p.m. each Thursday or drop it in the mail with a postmark no later than Thursday. KBRB Football Contest cards are available from Buckles Automotive in Ainsworth, Speedee Mart in Ainsworth and Atkinson, Long Pine Lumber, the West Plains Bank of Springview, Circle B Livestock of Bassett, and from Tri County Bank branches at Bassett, Stuart and Atkinson.
* Roy’s Auto will NOT be taking iron on Monday, September 25th and Friday, September 29th.
* With you every step of the way! The PT department at the Brown County Hospital is excited to host their 7th annual “Step Challenge” the entire month of October! It’s absolutely FREE, OR $5 entry if you want a T-shirt. You just report your totals weekly. It’s SO easy. OR if you don’t have a way to track steps, they’ve added something brand new to include you! Just do two family activities each week like a bike ride, dance party, jumping on trampoline, family walk, stretching or meditation, and send Kari pictures, so you’ll be entered for prizes too! Grand Prize winner will receive a free shoe fitting a free pair of Brooks Tennis shoes! Call the Brown County Hospital, Physical Therapy Department by Sept. 29 for all the details and to get signed up! Phone 387-2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 308-650-9290.
* Bags of Fun for Everyone! Attention all youth grades 5 through 12 AND all adults – this Saturday, September 30th, it’s Cornhole for a Cause! The Susie’s Christmas Wish Cornhole Fundraiser at the Elks in Ainsworth. Youth starts at 1, just $10 per team; Adults start at 4, just $20 per team. SURE – you could win some prize money BUT the REAL reason for coming together and having fun, is to support Susie Allen’s mission – and give some less fortunate kids an opportunity for a better Christmas season. No need to pre-register…just show up!
* Who says you can only tailgate at football games? It’s a Pumpkin Patch tailgating party this Saturday and Sunday and you’re invited! They’ll be serving up hotdog meals all day long both days! The pumpkins are in FULL GLORY, so get picking…pumpkins and gourds for sale along with yummy fall treats. There’s so many games, attractions, photo ops and affordable fun for ALL, so HUDDLE UP at Grandad’s Pumpkin Patch, just west of Bassett. Admission is just $6 per person, age 2 and under are free. Open Fridays 2 – 5, Saturdays and Sundays 10 – 5 thru October.
* September to Remember at the Rosebud Casino . They’re hosting the Smoking Aces BBQ Contest on September 30, get your team entered and win your share of the $3,000 in prize money. Just $50 per team entry. You can enter in any or all categories – burgers, chicken, ribs. See Casino for details or keep watch at www.rosebudcasino.com.
* Sunday Yummy Sunday! This Sunday, October 1st come enjoy Breakfast Brunch served from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Elks in Ainsworth. You can look forward to all your breakfast favorites! Just a few of this Sunday’s features include pancakes and waffles, sausage, eggs, breakfast potatoes, biscuits and gravy and Bonnie Finley’s famous cinnamon rolls. To go orders will even be available by calling 387-9952. Proceeds will be going towards building
improvements. It’s the start of something brand new – Sunday Yummy Sundays – breakfast brunch the 1st Sunday of every month starting THIS SUNDAY at the Ainsworth Elks.
* Empowering women with the Armor of God- Encouraging Women to stay in the fight! The Ainsworth Assembly of God Church is hosting a women’s conference on Saturday, October 7th from 10 – 1:30. This is A FREE Event for women of all ages filled with worship, prayer, fellowship and food. Hear from Special guest speakers Holly Anderson and Zee Kimble. Lunch will be provided. Bring all your family members and gal pals to be empowered, strengthened and inspired to Fight a Good Fight, Finish the Race and Keep The Faith! If you have any questions call 387-2584. Child care will not be provided.
LOST & FOUND:
TO GIVE AWAY:
* To give away for immediate pick up: Vision Fitness R20 exercise bike, like new, with programmable workout feature and heart rate monitor. Manual included. Call 402-722-4228.