Weekday Mornings: 8:50 a.m. on KBRB AM 1400 and FM 92.7
Note: all phone numbers are Area Code 402 unless otherwise listed
Please note: We do charge for items on Classifieds. Personal items are one announcement for $5, three for $10 or five for $15. Business rates also apply for items listed during Classifieds. Items broadcast are then posted on this Web site at no extra charge
* Help Wanted: Come be a part of a team that is compassionate about
providing quality care to each of their residents! The Sandhills Care
Center is looking for a qualified MDS/Care Plan Coordinator to assess
residents’ needs, and coordinate personalized resident driven care based on those assessments. Candidate must have valid nursing license and CPR certification, knowledge of current regulations and be able to relate professionally and positively with staff, residents and family members. Previous experience preferred. Negotiable starting wage, pay differentials and benefits package available. Find a path to personal and professional growth, a friendly welcoming atmosphere and an outstanding team at the Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth. For a detailed job description or to submit your resume, please contact Administrator, Penny Jacobs by calling 387-1294 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Help Wanted: GJW and Sandhills Elite Genetics facilities in Ainsworth are looking to fill Farm Maintenance Technician positions. Successful candidates will be responsible for preserving the good condition and functionality of the premises as well as performing a great variety of maintenance tasks to maintain buildings and common areas in the best possible condition. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing health and safety guidelines. An excellent benefits package is available. For more details and to apply call GJW at 382-3333.
* Help Wanted: The Sandhills Care Center has an opening for a full time business office manager. Accounting experience is preferred, but they would be willing to train an applicant that is willing to learn.. This
position requires a person who is compassionate, professional, and can multitask well within a nursing home setting. Computer skills needed are Microsoft Office and Quickbooks. Clinical billing software experience useful. Duties include payroll processing, HR, resident billing and tracking, accounts receivable and payable and assisting the facility administrator and support staff with daily operations. A competitive wage and benefit package is available. If you want to make a difference in the elder community and be part of a growing facility, contact Administrator, Penny Jacobs by calling 387-1294 or email your resume to email@example.com.
* Help Wanted: A full-time position is available at the Brown County
Hospital for a Patient Accounts Representative II that will participate in various aspects of patient processing, accounts receivable, and insurance processing functions for Brown County Hospital, Ainsworth Family Clinic and Specialty Clinic as needed. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have ability to learn software quickly. Must possess strong time management skills, attention to detail, communicate effectively, both written and verbally, be able to multi-task and adapt to interruptions effectively. Previous experience in healthcare preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required. Full-time benefits package available. For more information contact Lisa Fischer or Kylee Sterkel by calling 387-2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or
* Help Wanted: Take your career to the next level…as a Director of Nursing at the Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth. Are you the type of nurse who provides exceptional care to your patients and finds yourself capable of helping other staff learn and improve their skills and customer service? THIS is a great opportunity to move up in your leadership development. Candidate must possess a Nebraska RN license, experience is preferred, however they are willing to work with someone who is dedicated and committed to advancing their career. Salary is negotiable and a benefit package is available. For a detailed job description or to submit your resume, please contact Administrator, Penny Jacobs by calling 387-1294
OR email email@example.com. Come make a difference in the elder community and be a part of a growing facility!
* Help Wanted: Full time cook position. Cottonwood Villa is looking for caring, loving and compassionate team members to join their excellent team and assist in enhancing the lives of those they care for. They are currently looking to fill a full time cook position. A competitive wage is offered as well as benefits and training is provided on site. If you like to cook, bring your experience and skills to Cottonwood Villa. For more information or to apply, call 402-387-1000 and visit with Ann Fiala at Cottonwood Villa in Ainsworth.
* Now Hiring – Hometown heroes! The Sandhills Care Center is looking for caring CNAs that are resident focused and team players. They have immediate openings for both part time and full time day shift CNAs. Competitive pay is offered as well as a benefit package for full time employees. For a full job description or to submit your resume, please contact Administrator, Penny Jacobs by calling 387-1294 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org. Come be a part of a team that is compassionate about providing quality care to each of their residents. The Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth.
* Searching for a great summer job earning competitive pay while spending time where we’d all like to be? The Ainsworth Golf Course is NOW hiring. They’re looking to fill the Clubhouse Manager Position as well as service and wait staff positions. Clubhouse Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the clubhouse including but not limited to: placing orders, managing and training employees, preparing meals, hosting social and golfing events. Manager must be self-motivated, organized, a team player and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays. Service and wait staff candidates will provide excellent customer service to patrons – greet guests, serve meals, tend bar and help where needed call Calista Keezer at 382-8212 or Todd Kicken at 760-1183 to apply.
- Help Wanted: The Sandhills Care Center in Ainsworth is seeking a Dietary Cook to join their team. At the Sandhills Care Center they seek to enhance the quality of life by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner. If you enjoy cooking – providing nourishing food to their residents is a rewarding position! Competitive pay is offered as well as a benefit package for full time employees. For a full job description or to submit your resume, please contact Administrator, Penny Jacobs by calling 387-1294 OR email email@example.com. Come make a difference in the elder community and be a part of a growing facility!
* Help Wanted: Rock County is accepting applications for a full-time road worker for the road department. Must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid drivers license and possess or be capable of obtaining a CDL operator’s license within a reasonable amount of time, be able to operate pickups, trucks, tractors and other road equipment and be able to lift at least 50 pounds. Full benefit package includes health insurance, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays and retirement benefits. Wages depend upon experience. A job description and application for employment is available at the Rock County Clerk’s Office, 400 State Street, Bassett, NE 68714 or call 684-3933 OR 684-3471. The position will remain open until filled
and is subject to a Veteran’s preference. Rock County is an equal
* Help Wanted: The Sandhills Care Center has an opening for a full time business office manager. Accounting experience is preferred, but they would be willing to train an applicant that is willing to learn.. This position requires a person who is compassionate, professional, and can multitask well within a nursing home setting. Computer skills needed are Microsoft Office and Quickbooks. Clinical billing software experience
useful. Duties include payroll processing, HR, resident billing and
tracking, accounts receivable and payable and assisting the facility administrator and support staff with daily operations. A competitive wage and benefit package is available. If you want to make a difference in the elder community and be part of a growing facility, contact Administrator, Penny Jacobs by calling 387-1294 or email your resume to
* Help Wanted: Beck’s Well and Irrigation is looking for an individual to join their team. Experience in the industry is not needed as they would be willing to train the right candidate. Position is for a general laborer, a CDL is NOT required. Position offers competitive pay and benefits that include simple IRA plan, compensated Health Insurance along with paid vacation and sick leave. You can apply by emailing Help Wanted: Beck’s Well and Irrigation is looking for an individual to
join their team. Experience in the industry is not needed as they would be willing to train the right candidate. Position is for a general laborer, a CDL is NOT required. Position offers competitive pay and benefits that include simple IRA plan, compensated Health Insurance along with paid vacation and sick leave. You can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or stop out at Beck’s Well and Irrigation located 3 miles West of Ainsworth or call 387-2052.
* Medicare Made Easy! Don’t call some 1-800 number. Meet or talk to Licensed Independent Insurance Agent, Geraldine Alberts, she’s excited to be working in conjunction with Peterson Asset Protection Group. Get to know the local face behind the phone call. Not only does she have your Medicare and Medicare Supplemental plans covered, for those of you under retirement
age, she can help with Marketplace Insurance, special enrollment period is now through May 15. Learn more by calling Geri Alberts of Ainsworth today at 308-750-1595.
* Green Thumbs Welcome! Spring is in full bloom at The Rock County High School. The Rock County FFA has plants for sale in the Greenhouse! Stop at the Ag Room anytime from 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to shop their great selection. You can purchase your geraniums, petunias, dahlias, canas, grasses, succulents and SO MUCH MORE. Whether beautifying your property or you want to get mom a perfect gift for Mother’s Day – come shop the Rock County FFA Greenhouse.
* Buy 1 Get 1 Comstock Tickets!!! Mother’s Day Special. Give mom the gift of a great time – a ticket to Comstock. Starring Chris Janson, Logan Mize, Mark Wills, Jason Pritchett, Josh Gracin, Sheila Greenland, Chevel Shepherd and more. Log on to www.windmillfestival.com to get your tickets today.
* Celebrate Cinco De Mayo and Shop! Karen’s Comfort Crystals is making the trip to Ainsworth and will have a Pop Up Mother’s Day Sale in the outdoor dining area of Season’s restaurant on Wednesday, May 5 and Thursday, May 6 from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. both days. Check out a large selection of beautiful handcrafted jewelry, gemstones, $5 and $10 grab bags, Mother’s Day gifts
and more! Mention this ad, receive 5% off your purchase. Shop Karen’s Comfort Crystals on facebook to see if there’s anything you want her to bring along because personal orders are welcome.
* For Sale: Privately – two year old red angus bulls. Asking $3500. They are gentle and grass fat. They have 50 years of breeding. Contact Frank Williams in Ainsworth by calling 387-1907.
* Bassett Housing Authority – safe, affordable housing for qualifying individuals. Income guideline apply – rent is 30% of gross income. Background screening is required and must be approved prior to admittance. One, two and three bedroom units come equipped with range and refrigerator, and are within walking distance of downtown Bassett. Utilities included are water, sewer, garbage, gas and electricity. Call 684-3329 for more information. If no answer, please leave a message. There is no charge to file an application. If no units are available at time of application, names are included on a waiting list and individuals will be called upon availability.
* Looking for: Old Newspapers. Please call 382-3000 or drop off at Lohmeyer Chiropractic. (Needs 6 brown paper bags full).
* Thursday, May 6 – a Silent Auction will be held during the Keya Paha FFA Chapter ‘s Annual Banquet on Thursday, May 6 at the high school gym. The Open house will start at 5:30 p.m. for you to place your bids on silent auction items at the High School Gym. Meal will be served at 6:30 p.m.. Awards to start at 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
* Moving Auction! Carol Poese and the late Gil Poese Moving Auction is coming up this Saturday, May 8 in the comfort of the O’Neill Community Center. Sale time is at 10 a.m. This is a do not miss! Carol has sold the house and can’t take it all with her – this is one of the nicest, cleanest offerings at auction this year. Very nice furniture and appliances, Collectibles including a Coca-Cola and Husker Collection, household items, outdoor items like a Traeger grill, shop and garage items, lots of miscellaneous – waaaaay too much to list. BUT the sale is in the very large conference center – need I say more? Go to http://www.mmauctionsllc.com and
check out the sale bill and lots of pictures too. Lunch will be available on sight. Start making plans now to join M&M Auctions at the Conference Center in O’Neill.
MOTHER’S DAY DINING:
Brown County Ag Society
Mother’s Day Delights! The guys and gals of the Brown County Ag Society are excited to bring back Mother’s Day Dinner! A delicious Mother’s Day Buffet will be served for the entire family at the Brown County Community Hall in Johnstown. They’ll be featuring Momma’s favorite fried chicken and Beef and Ham too! Along with all the delicious trimmings. Serving begins at 11:30 a.m. Children age 5 and under are free.
Mother’s Day really comes down to the person who matters most. Nobody beats mom. At the Sandhills Lounge in Long Pine, they’re rolling out the red carpet for mom – Specials include 8 oz. sirloin steak with fantail shrimp OR Chinese, serving starts at 4 p.m! Plus their menu covers everyone’s favorite foods, made fresh to order. Don’t forget Saturday night is prime rib night at the Sandhills Lounge on Main Street in Long Pine, phone 273-4100.
Big Johns will be serving Mother’s Day Buffet for just $12.95 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sunday. That comes with salad bar and dessert too!
* Reconnect with your classmates and share some of your AHS Memories. Get your tickets today for the Ainsworth Alumni Banquet – it will be here before we know it. Saturday, June 26 at 6:30 p.m. at the Ainsworth Conference Center. Banquet Tickets are just $25 through June 20 and will then increase to $30. Tickets are available at KBRB Radio station and are also available by mail. Send self addressed stamped envelope with your payment to the Ainsworth Alumni Association PO Box 144. Orders must be received by June 24. Get connected with your fellow bulldogs – don’t miss this year’s Ainsworth Alumni Banquet. Tickets will NOT be sold at the door. If you have questions or for more information call Class of ’95 Representative Jayme at 822-0215 or Class of ’96 Representative Terri at 822-0217.
* Drive through Food Pantry will be held this Wednesday. Boxes will be distributed from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.at the West Holt Health Ministries building, 108 West State Street in Atkinson. The drive through will be the same as in the past. If you have questions call Linda at 340-2273. This organization is an equal opportunity provider.
* Learn, Lead, Succeed! The Keya Paha FFA Chapter would like to invite you to their Annual Banquet, coming up Thursday, May 6 at the High School Gym. Open House and Silent Auction begin at 5:30 p.m., come check out the great auction items and place your bids – Plus you can check out projects chapter members have been working on throughout the year. The meal will be served at 6:30 p.m. with awards to follow. School administration, family,
friends and community members are all urged to attend this community celebration.
* Want to have a ton of fun this summer? Looking for some real adventure? Camp Witness near Long Pine has brought together an amazing lineup of summer camps and are confident they can offer your family a summer program that is jam packed with fun and spiritual growth. Go to www.campwitness.org to choose your adventure. There’s wonderful camp options for those entering the 2nd grade through current year graduates. The Early registration deadline is quickly approaching so pre-register by May 10 and save! Catch the excitement of Summer Camp at Camp Witness.
* Mother’s Day Delights! The guys and gals of the Brown County Ag Society are excited to bring back Mother’s Day Dinner! A delicious Mother’s Day Buffet will be served for the entire family at the Brown County Community Hall in Johnstown. They’ll be featuring Momma’s favorite fried chicken and Beef and Ham too! Along with all the delicious trimmings. Serving begins at 11:30 a.m. Children age 5 and under are free.
* Due to the decrease of COVID-19 in the area, Sandhills Care Center is now offering family visits with some guidelines. If you have a family member at Sandhills Care Center, please contact the facility to get the guidelines and set up a visit with your loved one.
This could change if the area COVID-19 rate goes back up, any resident or staff member tests positive, or there are changes in CMS guidelines.
LOST & FOUND:
* LOST: a steel chainsaw with 14” blade. If found PLEASE call 760-0136.
TO GIVE AWAY:
Start your success today with Northeast Community College. Whatever your academic or career goals – they’re here to help. Learn about all the great classes Northeast Community College has to offer – Classes that fit your budget, your schedule and your future. Visit www.northeast.edu.
CLASSES OFFERED IN THE AREA
CDL TRAINING – AINSWORTH/NORFOLK.
Training includes everything you need to know to pass the license exam, pre-trip inspection, and practical driving test. You will spend 16 hours in the classroom that will prepare you for the written
test needed to obtain a learner’s permit. You will then complete the 40-hour driving portion of the course in Norfolk, which will culminate with a driving test. Testing fee included in the course cost.
The classroom portion will be completed January 28 & 29 at the ESU 17 Training Center. The driving/testing portion will take place at Norfolk Campus February 22-26. Financial Assistance is available
through the Community College Gap Assistance Program for students meeting income guidelines. For more information, contact Amy Kaiser at (402) 844-7245. Instr. Ed Lewis/Ryan Cook. $730
January 28-29 (TRAN 5125/21S) CRN#70078
February 22-26 (TRAN 5125/21S) CRN#70079
MICROSOFT OFFICE. This course will give you practical experience in operating the word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation graphics portions of the Microsoft Office suite. Online. Instr. Coan. 3 cr. $375
January 25-May 19 (OFFT1500/21S) CRN#20414
MICROCOMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN AGRICULTURE. This course covers basic applications of word processing, spreadsheet, data management, and online based programs and how they relate
to agriculture. You will utilize a variety of office and online programs to learn how to create, utilize, move, and manage data. Online. Instr. Lang. 3 cr. $375
January 25-May 19 (AGRI1500/21S) CRN#22953
ENGLISH COMPOSITION I. This course offers instructional practice in the techniques of effective writing. The process of planning, writing, revising, and editing essays for particular audiences and
purposes and research-related skills are also emphasized. Online. Instr. Burris-Janssen. 3 cr. $375
January 25-May 19 (ENGL1010/21S) CRN#22457
ENGLISH COMPOSITION II. You will read and analyze various texts and respond with research-based argumentative essays that demonstrate information literacy, critical-reading, and source integration. A significant research project is required. Online. Instr. Krusemark. 3 cr. $375
January 25-May 19 (ENGL1020/21S) CRN#24638
COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY. This course establishes a solid foundation of prefixes, suffixes, word roots, abbreviations, medical terms and symbols. It emphasizes understanding the medical vocabulary as it applies to the anatomy, physiology, pathology, diagnostic procedures, and therapeutic procedures of the human body. Online. Instr. Harrison. 3 cr. $375
January 25-May 19 (HLTH1060/21S) CRN#24248
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER. This course is designed for members of the general public who want to be trained as Community Health Workers (CHW) to conduct safe and effective outreach to vulnerable populations for medical personnel or health care organizations. CHWs will implement programs in the community that promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health.
The course is designed to meet the skills necessary for community health workers in a public health organization, health care facility or other health-related agency. CPR and First Aid Certification
required. Online. Instr. Meisinger. 3 cr. $375
January 25-May 19 (HLTH1210/21S) CRN#24249
INTRODUCTION TO PILATES. A study of the eight principles of Pilates including body awareness, posture, and muscle imbalances. Online. Instr. Stratton. 1 cr. $125
January 25-March 19 (HPER1326/21S) CRN#25021
PUBLIC SPEAKING. This course will enable you to master the skills required of speaking in today’s workplace and society. This course will focus on the organization, preparation, research, and evidence
needed for a presentation that is tailored to fit the audience. This course will also enhance your active and critical listening skills. Online. Instr. Peterson. 3 cr. $375
January 25-March 19 (SPCH1110/21S) CRN#23429
TOPICS AND IDEAS IN MATHEMATICS. This course is designed to give you a survey of mathematics topics including set theory, logic, voting methods, financial calculations and management graph
theory, probability and statistics. Main emphasis will be the application of problem solving methods while studying topics. Online. Instr. Johnson. 3 cr. $375
January 25-May 19 (MATH1100/21S) CRN#21258
INTRODUCTION TO PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION.
An overview of education in the United States viewed in terms of history, philosophy, finance and governance. Encourages critical thought regarding the role of education in our multicultural society,
the role of the teacher, and educational practices in schools. The course is designed to help you explore education as a prospective career. Writing intensive. Online. Instr. Johnson. 3 cr. $375
January 25-March 19 (EDUC1110/21S) CRN#25008
ISSUES OF UNITY AND DIVERSITY. This course will help you increase awareness and sensitivity of commonalities and differences among people and acquire knowledge of minority group issues and
challenges. The course will prepare you to more critically, actively, and effectively participate in an increasingly diverse and global society. Online. Instr. Tillotson. 3 cr. $375
January 25-March 19 (SOCI2150/21S) CRN#24578
Northeast does not discriminate based upon any status protected by law or college policy. Please go to northeast.edu/nondiscrimination for details.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER CONTACT:
Sonny Corkle, Ainsworth Regional Coordinator 402-387-2688 ext. 110, email@example.com